The World News Media

Christian Denominations Chart - Starting w/ the Commentary on JW's

The Librarian

10 hours ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

There are far better history charts out there. How do you know he's telling the truth? Can you prove he is?

history.jpg

The charts he uses to depict religious information are not accurate. Can you prove it's accurate? How about that other person, Srecko.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_religion

I think people try too hard to make an inaccurate point.

Russell was spiritually/religiously dissatisfied with his affiliation with his parents' religion. And he wandered around looking for a religious group that would accommodate his wanderings. This is also discussed in the WTJWorg publication "Proclaimers", which does not hide his connection with Adventism, and others theologies, and the influences they had on him.

The link you posted here as more credible than the video at the beginning posted by Libranian does not satisfy the WTJWorg theology you are promoting. Timeline of religion says that people/mankind are older than 7000 years. (100,000 BC: Earliest known human burial in the Middle East). This contradicts the GB teaching that God created the first man a little over 7000 years ago.
Who do you want us to believe?

Timelines of history the ultimate visual guide to the events that shaped the world_0012.jpg

• Views 6.8k
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Youtuber has Phd in Theological Studies and offers his personal opinions throughout. I thought it interesting to see how others view us....

It’s been my observation that Audrey has been completely forthright with everybody, every time, however those with extreme agenda driven reading comprehension problems, who don’t actually completely r

Man, if that's persecution then I've got it easy, lol!😂   (I've been through some forms of persecution...I wouldn't call this persecution - it's playtime, kind of like that Whac-A-Mole game

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

And he wandered around looking for a religious group that would accommodate his wanderings.

He went to different religious groups and investigated their teachings - and accepted what can be proven by the bible such as the immortality of the spirit.

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Timeline of religion says that people/mankind are older than 7000 years. (100,000 BC: Earliest known human burial in the Middle East).

You have not done a "deep" investigation as you should have. Did you not know, that if you send a specimen to different labs for analyses,  they always ask you from which earthly strata it was removed. .... Why? - because they make adaptions to the mathematical calculations.  It is not as accurate as people surmise.  If they do not have this "strata" information, the specimen comes back with very wild dates (all over the place) from very different eras. 

Look online for people who have done experiments in this way - they had sent parts of the same specimen to different labs...... you are in for a BIG surprise!

8 hours ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

Russell wasn't looking for a religious group to be part of. He was seeking a new approach to scripture that would connect him back to Christ's understanding of scripture. That's why he formed his own new group, the Bible Students.

Did Russell write that somewhere in his diaries, memoirs? 

You claim that he was looking for a new approach in one of the countless "false religions"? Funny.

People who read the "proclaimers" book will see Russell does not declare Adventism but instead from the zealousness of the Adventist was a good reason for him to reestablish his own faith and understanding with zeal.

Unnecessary and unimportant conclusion. Adventists and Russell are not the only ones who show zeal and still remain in their delusions. And the Pharisees were zealous. Zealots were also zealous and many other groups. JWs are also zealous, so this does not save them from useless and dangerous interpretations and actions. And Paul was a zealous persecutor in one part of his life.

55 minutes ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:
20 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

If I accept a deck of cards from you, I can arrange them by suit, or by number, or I can attempt to build a house of cards with them. The cards don't change, just how I organize them changes.

I think you're trying to be funny somehow. Is it working for you? Perhaps you should stay on the topic instead of trying to undermine it.

Some people are very serious when they play cards. Perhaps you are one of those people? I didn't mean to make a joke about cards, but if you think it was funny, I'm glad I could bring a little levity to your heart.😉

56 minutes ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

Incorporating scripture in a more effective manner can enhance the depth and impact of your communication. By utilizing relevant Bible verses in your discussions, sermons, or writings, you can convey your message more powerfully, with greater spiritual resonance.

Thank you for the good counsel. 🙂💖

There are many religions that claim to be Christian. In the video, Matt asks the question about the elephant in the room, whether not a certain religious group should be considered Christian. He gave his answer based on how he was organizing his chart, but Jesus gave us a better way to identify Christians. Jesus didn't say we would identify a Christian by whether or not they belonged to a certain group. He said it would be by their individual fruits, more specifically, their love.

"I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another.  By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves."

(John 13:34,35)

"This is my commandment, that you love one another just as I have loved you."

(John 15:12)

"Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; remain in my love.  If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love."

(John 15:9,10)

"Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother.”

(Mark 3:35)

"Despite that, the solid foundation of God remains standing, having this seal, “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” and, “Let everyone calling on the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.”"

(2 Timothy 2:19)

Soon the Pharisaical parts of all these religious groups/institutions will melt away.

"The mountains melt like wax before Jehovah, 

Before the Lord of the whole earth."

(Psalm 97:5)

"But Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed. Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, consider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion,  as you await and keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which the heavens will be destroyed in flames and the elements will melt in the intense heat!"

(2 Peter 3:10-12)

Individual Christians will survive. 

"For no one can lay any other foundation than what is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, each one’s work will be shown for what it is, for the day will show it up, because it will be revealed by means of fire, and the fire itself will prove what sort of work each one has built."

(1 Corinthians 3:11-13)

When the divisions and sects are gone, it will be that Christlike love for God and each other that will remain.

"Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever."

(1 John 2:17)

It is the will of God that we love one another.

""So keep strict watch that how you walk is not as unwise but as wise persons, making the best use of your time, because the days are wicked.  On this account stop being unreasonable, but keep perceiving what the will of Jehovah is."

(Ephesians 5:15-17)

2 hours ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

This is the choice God is giving everyone.

There are many other commands aside from love by Christ and God. Numerous religious groups have a deep understanding of these concepts. Does it make their message any less valuable?

Learn Together

Members of your quorum or class may be struggling to obey some of the commandments. Helping them understand why obedience is important could inspire them. Write the title of this outline on the board, and invite quorum or class members to share answers. You could ask them to look for additional insights in Doctrine and Covenants 82:8–10, which they may have studied this week. Then select one or more of the activities below to help them better understand why it is always important to obey God, even when doing so is hard.

• It can be easier to obey the commandments when we understand the reasons behind them. To learn why God gives us commandments, quorum or class members could review the scripture references in “Supporting Resources” (or others you think of). How can these scriptures help us when we find it hard to obey a commandment? As part of this discussion, you could read together the section titled “Fourth, forget not the ‘why’ of the gospel” in President Dieter F. Uchtdorf’s message “Forget Me Not” (Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2011, 122).

"Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him.  God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”  The woman said to him: “I know that Mes·siʹah is coming, who is called Christ. Whenever that one comes, he will declare all things to us openly.”  Jesus said to her: “I am he, the one speaking to you.”"

(John 4:23-26)

Jesus is coming. He will make it clear which doctrines are true and which are false. Thankfully, "love covers a multitude of sins."

(Isn't there somebody on here who likes to say "Hanlon's razor" quite a bit?😁)

Jesus' name means "Salvation of Jah" or "Jehovah is Salvation".

"Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you sent me.  I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them."

(John 17:25,26)

"...they will have to know that I am Jehovah.  I will make my holy name known among my people Israel, and I will not allow my holy name to be profaned any longer; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah, the Holy One in Israel."

(Ezekiel 39:6,7)

10 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You claim that he was looking for a new approach in one of the countless "false religions"? Funny.

He was, because he was dissatisfied with what he had learnt before. He actually lost faith and when he returned by chance, he had a new inspecting disposition to learn what the truth was.  Of course he did not find all the truth but he did find important parts of the truth such as the mortality of the soul and the fact that God is NOT a trinity.  These are with us until today. 

9 hours ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

show zeal and still remain in their delusions.

Well - please indicate what about the immortality of the soul is a delusion?

On 5/24/2023 at 7:14 AM, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

makes charts to sell should be closer to accuracy as possible.

I have seen many of his charts - when it is about languages or births (kingly linear birth-lines etc.) that is easy to do - and he does it well.  I would say it is much harder to make a chart with a subject which is less literal but subjective. (So one can reject it or accept it by looking at his reasons for putting it in its slot.) 

His chart could have been done in a different way - but I liked the way he categorized the modern waves (specifically in the west) into renewed religious inspections.  He did not include new age and these kinds of religions - I guess these come later. 

5 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

It can be easier to obey the commandments when we understand the reasons behind them.

Christians are no longer under law. The book of Romans clearly shows that we are now under a new covenant.  The Law covenant was replaced with Christian principles and love. The principles in the mosaic law are still very important and they all are in total harmony with the principles Jesus taught us. 

Do not commit adultery and do not commit murder are two laws/commandments  given to Moses for Israel to follow.

BUT - Jesus taught us that looking at a woman with a passion equates to adultery; he taught that when ones hates another one is a murderer - so this teaches us that the Christian must not just follow a law without thinking but that he must always regulate his own heart as to what he allows in his thinking processes. So his heart must be circumcised not just the flesh.

So you are right - we must think about these principles and how to apply them so that we can understand why.

Jehovah, through Christ  gave us the 101 on how to live in harmony with one another. The best philosophy ever!  If I love you more than my own selfish wishes and you willingly do the same for me.... the world will be a wonderful place.  Unfortunately, most people are not self-sacrificing but do their own bidding and follow their own desires.  Jehovah will eventually remove those from the earth as they are disrupting his purpose.  

Learn Together

Members of your quorum or class may be struggling to obey some of the commandments. Helping them understand why obedience is important could inspire them. Write the title of this outline on the board, and invite quorum or class members to share answers. You could ask them to look for additional insights in Doctrine and Covenants 82:8–10, which they may have studied this week. Then select one or more of the activities below to help them better understand why it is always important to obey God, even when doing so is hard.

• It can be easier to obey the commandments when we understand the reasons behind them. To learn why God gives us commandments, quorum or class members could review the scripture references in “Supporting Resources” (or others you think of). How can these scriptures help us when we find it hard to obey a commandment? As part of this discussion, you could read together the section titled “Fourth, forget not the ‘why’ of the gospel” in President Dieter F. Uchtdorf’s message “Forget Me Not” (Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2011, 122).

I see Sir you made copy/paste from this link -  https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/come-follow-me-for-aaronic-priesthood-quorums-and-young-women-classes-doctrinal-topics-2021/14?lang=eng

Well, yes, Russell believed that the truth is always the truth, even if Satan said it. Mormons are also people who believe they are telling the truth regardless of not believing the same doctrines as WTJWorg.

This second highlighted sentence, which is bold, is interesting - "It can be easier to obey the commandments when we understand the reasons behind them."  In fact, it is the opposite of GB's claim that they should be trusted and how members have to follow their instructions even if JW members do not understand them.

WTJWorg religion is manipulative.

If I use a quote (which happens to be a quote within a quote), it is merely to reply to a thought I had and not to attack an individual.  I am famous for taking a quote where I find it, even if it is within another quote. 

5 minutes ago, Arauna said:

If I use a quote (which happens to be a quote within a quote), it is merely to reply to a thought I had and not to attack an individual.  I am famous for taking a quote where I find it, even if it is within another quote. 

Yes, I know it's your bad habit :) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.