The World News Media

How can we be sure that Gods Name is Jehovah?

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Jehovah' is just the anglicized version of the Name which was adapted from the Latin version of it. Many other languages don't have the hard English 'J' sound anyway - they have a 'Y' (ya) sound inst

The exact pronunciation is not known anymore. So, as to the validity of "Jehovah". It only applies in the languages it was defined as. How, you wonder? Let's take "fire". Is that the origina

If the Bible teaches that YHWH is God and God is our Father, is it appropriate to address Him with His name all the time? If I addressed my parents by their names, I would have been told off!

12 hours ago, Giannis Diamantis said:

I think the New World Translation 2013 page 1734 resolves the matter : "We simply don't know how God’s ancient servants pronounce this name".

Although it's a lot easier for us English-speaking folks not to have to transliterate your name from Greek when addressing you, it is a bit of a cheat to have Γιαννης upvote/like posts by Giannis. :D

2 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

Although it's a lot easier for us English-speaking folks not to have to transliterate your name from Greek when addressing you, it is a bit of a cheat to have Γιαννης upvote/like posts by Giannis. :D

Sorry somebody in the forum hacked in my Γιαννης account or limited my movements ... so I use the new one when I can not access something with the old... (but I do can vote with the old account that's why I keep it... they didn't take that from me yet).

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.