The World News Media

Farmers Markets

Claudia Sanchez

Did you know that Kitsap County has 8 Farmers Markets? 

The fresh produce available at the markets is a great way to get the 5 recommended daily servings of fruits and veggies. Most markets accept SNAP/EBT as well as WIC and Senior vouchers. 

Here's what Moms participating in the WIC program say about their Kitsap market experiences:
“I enjoy the opportunity to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at the market. It's a great lesson for my son about where food comes from!”
“I like giving back to local growers.”
“I love when the market gets lots of fresh produce. I love . . . the book mobile and the music is fun.” 

Please share the attached market information flyers with your clients and constituents. The flyers are in English and Spanish and contain times and locations for markets in Bremerton, Port Orchard, Poulsbo, Silverdale, Kingston, Suquamish and Bainbridge Island. 

• Views 121
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.