The World News Media

At G7, Britain presses for global reward system for new antibiotics - Reuters

Health and Medicine

• Administrator
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwY86DKT9Vho6OYh68i0R
Reuters

At G7, Britain presses for global reward system for new antibiotics
Reuters
ISE-SHIMA, Japan Britain is pushing for a global plan to reward drugs companies for developing new antibiotics, while also pledging to cut antibiotic use in England. A review commissioned by the British government and published last week said drug ...
Cameron pushes for action on 'superbugs'Financial Times
David Cameron order GPs to 'crackdown on antibiotics and injections by 2020Daily Mail
UK doctors told to halve inappropriate antibiotic prescriptions by 2020The Guardian
Mirror.co.uk -Belfast Telegraph -Express.co.uk -SpaceCoastDaily.com
all 15 news articles »

Google

• Views 247
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• I'm having trouble locating the other post regarding discrepancies. I'm going to share this discrepancy here. Perhaps I didn't search thoroughly enough. Did you mean to say that there is no clear indication of how a celestial observer or scribe could be defined according to Francesca Rochberg as an astrologer? I'm curious if they did require assistance from mathematicians then. What would happen if a scribe was illiterate and not an astrologer, but a record needed to be made because no astrologer was available to record an urgent event? "The title “t.upˇsar En¯uma Anu Enlil,” although easily yet only literally translated as “scribe of En¯uma Anu Enlil,” is difficult to define. The common translation, “astrologer,” by focusing on only one aspect of the En¯uma Anu Enlil scribe’s activities, conveys an inadequate and one-sided picture. No one-word English translation of t.upˇsar En¯uma Anu Enlil adequately defines the field of expertise of the En¯uma Anu Enlil scribe without implying an anachronistically sharp distinction between astrologer and astronomer, and an implied distinction between pseudoscientist and scientist." This observation was not limited to Mesopotamian scribal scholarship in general, but also extended to a similar concern for Babylonian culture. "Textual sources from which one can piece together the range of responsibilities and expertise of a scribe of En¯uma Anu Enlil are fortunately not limited to those on which the title appears, as these are surprisingly rare. In the Neo-Assyrian period, the available texts include one letter mentioning the “reports of the t.upˇsar En¯uma Anu Enlils,”37 one Babylonian report in which the writer ˇSum¯aia is the “scribe of En¯uma Anu Enlil from the new team,”38 and one administrative document listing the employees of the court in which seven t.upˇsar En¯uma Anu Enlils head the list, two of whom are well known from the court correspondence and the astrological reports, that is, Iˇstar-ˇsuma-¯ereˇs and Balasˆı." How do modern scholars make adjustments if they have no way of knowing the mental state of the ancient scribes? They must grapple with the uncertainty of the formulas used or not used. It seems that a great deal of interpretation is based on conjecture, leading to disagreements among scholars. This uncertainty certainly impacts certain areas of scholarly interpretation. It seems that they took their records seriously, but can we truly rely on them if we consider that the scribe may not have been a scholar?
    • I can't believe it! You actually sent me a staggering six reference books and an impressive dozen articles. I'm not a fast reader, haha!  
    • Have you examined the writings of Francesca Rochberg? This person adds a unique perspective to the works of Hunger, Sachs, and Steele. It is truly enlightening to observe Ptolemy's fascination with that particular era in Tetr. 2.3. It's fascinating how they still refer to Piches and Johannes' works, especially with additional information and further footnotes. 
    • I think we can take Geo Jackson’s words as a template. ‘You don’t want to take sides,’ he says, and to show the challenge of keeping neutral, he uses the example of contesting politicians in Australia, one of whom wanted to draft people of Jackson’s age into the military and one of whom did not. Now that would test your resolve to stay neutral, he said, nonetheless you must do it. If he was as ignorant of politics as some seem to think is the gold standard, he would not have even known which politician’s views would be to his benefit and which one would not. Of course, I leaned into him on this point, informing him that: I’m sure he gave my words all the consideration they deserved before instantly turning his attention to other matters.
    • Then stop using AI Tools, since it's clear you have none, at least not where it counts. Now to please your kind of friends, I can see it.
  • Members

• Recent Status Updates

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    James Hume

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.