The World News Media

old photos

Guest Kurt

warmer-witness-its-been-a-nice-mild-wint

A warmer Witness; It's been a nice mild winter for my work; said James Arnold; above; a Jehovah's Witness minister who stands on windy Weston Rd. distributing the Watchtower on Saturday mornings. People are more inclined to stop a while and talk when the weather isn't too cold; and I can stand out there longer in the cold too. But mind you; we don't let a bit of cold weather stop us anyway.March 21, 1975

model-dedicates-life-to-jehovah-fashion-

Model Dedicates Life to Jehovah; Fashion model Heather Farrar prepares for baptism as convert to the Jehovah's Witnesses during annual Watchtower convention yesterday. She is helped by Fred Holder; left; and Larry Sikorski in special pool set up at Woodbine Racetrack. Miss Farrar; one of more than 100 people baptized; said; I want to dedicate myself to Jehovah God. Convention; which started Thursday and ends tomorrow; has attracted 12;000. The immersion ceremony was one of the highlights.August 12, 1977

502260949-jehovahs-witness-judy-snow-a-2

Jehovah's Witness Judy Snow; a 25-year-old paraplegic; is baptized in a wheelchair today during a public baptism for Witnesses at their 1975 assembly at Woodbine Racetrack. About 300 persons; ranging in age from 11 to 77; were baptized in the portable swimming pool outside the stands. Water was heated to 91 degrees Fahrenheit. About 13;500 Witnesses are attending the assembly from Metro; Burlington; Hamilton and Oshawa. A second session starts next week.July 25, 1975

• Views 1.6k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.