The World News Media

I no LONGER WORRY OR ANXIOUS I DO WHAT JEHOVAH, TELLS US TO DO

Bible Speaks

I no LONGER WORRY OR AM ANXIOUS 

I DO WHAT JEHOVAH, TELLS US TO DO

Made me happier and healthier and i'm always at peace 
I have HIGH HOPE , never DISCOURAGED,  i have a  POWERFUL  STRENGTH 

Jesus’ wise counsel on how to deal with anxiety about material things, as stated in Matthew chapter 6. “Stop being anxious about your souls as to what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your bodies as to what you will wear,” Jesus advises us. (Verse 25) Food and clothing are basic necessities, and it is only natural to be concerned about obtaining these
.((((( But Jesus tells us to “stop being anxious” about such things.)))))) Why?

Listen as Jesus reasons convincingly. Since Jehovah has given us life and a body, can he not provide food to sustain that life and raiment to clothe that body? (Verse 25) If God provides birds with food and he clothes flowers with beauty, how much more will he care for his human worshipers! (Verses 26, 28-30) 

((((((Really, undue anxiety is pointless anyway.)))))
 It cannot extend our life even by a fraction. (Verse 27) How can we avoid anxiety? Jesus counsels us: Continue giving worship of God priority in life. Those who do so can be confident that all their daily needs “will be added” to them by their heavenly Father. (Verse 33) Finally, Jesus gives a most practical suggestion—take one day at a time. Why add tomorrow’s anxieties to those of today? (Verse 34) Besides, why worry unduly about things that may never happen? Applying such wise counsel can spare us much heartache in this stressful world.

Clearly, the counsel Jesus provided is as practical today as it was when it was given nearly 2,000 years ago. Is that not evidence of wisdom from above? Even the best advice from human counselors tends to become outdated and is soon revised or replaced. The teachings of Jesus, however, have stood the test of time. But that should not surprise us, for this Wonderful Counselor spoke “the sayings of God.”—John 3:34.

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: “Stop being anxious about your lives.” (Mt 6:25) While it is only natural for imperfect humans living in Satan’s world to be anxious on occasion, Jesus was teaching his followers to avoid extreme anxiety. (Ps 13:2) Why? Because undue anxiety, even about daily needs, can distract us, making it more difficult for us to seek first the Kingdom. (Mt 6:33) Jesus’ further comments will help us to stop needless worrying.

45EBD60A-3105-4857-897D-A801DDDAD408.jpeg

• Views 311
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

I no LONGER WORRY OR AM ANXIOUS  I DO WHAT JEHOVAH, TELLS US TO DO Made me happier and healthier and i'm always at peace  I have HIGH HOPE , never DISCOURAGED,  i have a  POWERFUL  STR

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.