The World News Media

Daily text, Wednesday, October 12. 2016

Queen Esther

1516.jpg.27887d519f0edf79f6e5f57f3f7d1a93.jpg

MITTWOCH  $$$$.jpg

I will make with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant.—Jer. 31:31.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2016/10/12

Long before the Law covenant was canceled, Jehovah foretold through the prophet Jeremiah that He would make with the nation of Israel “a new covenant.” (Jer. 31:32, 33) That covenant would be unlike the Law covenant in that it would make possible the forgiveness of sins without the need for animal sacrifices. Centuries later, Jesus instituted the Lord’s Evening Meal on Nisan 14, 33 C.E. Speaking of the cup of wine, he told his 11 faithful apostles: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf.” (Luke 22:20) Matthew’s account quotes Jesus as saying regarding the wine: “This means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.” (Matt. 26:27, 28) Jesus’ shed blood validates the new covenant. That blood also makes possible the forgiveness of sins once and for all time. w14 10/15 2:7-9

• Views 103
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.