TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 257
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all about what you are used to, and trained well to do.

There are people that all day long handle highly radioactive materials in complete safety.

I remember as a MUCH younger man parachuting from perfectly good aircraft ... always with GREAT concern, but with very little fear ... perhaps trepidation is the correct word.

One day I invited a boy named Davey from the Congregation on an observer flight so he could see people exit the aircraft at altitude, so I had to stay with him the whole time. Even he had a parachute, in case the worst happened.

We went up to altitude, and the other skydivers left, and Davey and I, and the pilot returned to the airport, under conditions similar to what is shown in these videos..

I had never come back down WITH a small aircraft, before, and it scared me.

It's all about what you are used to ..... for the pilot, it was just a normal part of what he did.

Truck drivers on winter snow experience the same sorts of momentary terror, and ignore it.

That's how they can continue to still be truck drivers ... and pilots, etc.