The World News Media

"He was raised up."—Matt. 28:6.​​​​​​​

Bible Speaks

"He was raised up."—Matt. 28:6.

John 20:2-18

Study Bible

2 So she came running to Simon Peter and to the other disciple, for whom Jesus had affection,+ and she said to them: “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb,+ and we do not know where they have laid him.”

3 Then Peter and the other disciple set out for the tomb. 4 The two of them began running together, but the other disciple ran faster than Peter and reached the tomb first. 5 Stooping forward, he saw the linen cloths lying there,+ but he did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter also came, following him, and he went into the tomb. And he saw the linen cloths lying there. 7 The cloth that had been on his head was not lying with the other cloth bands but was rolled up in a place by itself. 8 Then the other disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in, and he saw and believed. 9 For they did not yet understand the scripture that he must rise from the dead.+ 10 So the disciples went back to their homes.

11 Mary, however, kept standing outside near the tomb, weeping. While she was weeping, she stooped forward to look into the tomb, 12 and she saw two angels+ in white sitting where the body of Jesus had been lying, one at the head and one at the feet. 13 And they said to her: “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them: “They have taken my Lord away, and I do not know where they have laid him.” 14 After saying this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.+ 15 Jesus said to her: “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” She, thinking it was the gardener, said to him: “Sir, if you have carried him off, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” 16 Jesus said to her: “Mary!” On turning around, she said to him in Hebrew: “Rab·bo?ni!” (which means “Teacher!”) 17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers+ and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father+ and your Father and to my God+ and your God.’” 18 Mary Mag?da·lene came and brought the news to the disciples: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them what he had said to her.”

6D8A404E-29EE-4BDE-B968-ED74CA6B4522.jpeg

• Views 320
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

"He was raised up."—Matt. 28:6. John 20:2-18 Study Bible 2 So she came running to Simon Peter and to the other disciple, for whom Jesus had affection,+ and she said to them: “They have

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.