The World News Media

Why did Taco Bell get rid of the Meximelt?

admin

• Views 9.7k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Not happy

Don’t know. Just found this out yesterday and i was not happy. Will be much less likely to go there in the future now.

Guest Heather

I too just found out yesterday.  So disappointed, i would always get three for the following morning because its actually something from taco bell you could reheat without it getting nasty.  BIG MISTAKE taking them off the menu.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sarah

I was told they could still make it, but they didn't know how to ring them up. 

they should figure it out and make them cheaper than what they were!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Angie

They can ring it up as a cheesy roll up (they are $.99) and then add ground beef ($.59) and pico ($.35).

They are cheaper than they were before, and just as yummy!  But, not every Taco Bell is smart enough to do this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tony

I agree with all but one comments.  They should have never gotten rid of the meximelt. That was the main reason I went to Taco Bell.  The new way of ringing up a cheese roll up adding beef and Pico is nasty and nothing like a meximelt.  Will not be going back and that saddens me.  I always enjoyed going there and supporting the younger generation that is happy to be at work, serving their customers and making money other than laying on their behinds getting a government check.

• 1 month later...

I am really very unhappy with the decision to stop the Meximelt and the enchirito. I would order 2-3 along with an enchrito, and then maybe a Chalupa or something else that is on the menu, but I will be finding a different restaurant for my fast food Mexican food fix. I have been a reliable Taco Bell customer since the '70's, but no longer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Faco Tell

Such a bad move. Meximelts were one of their top sellers. It doesn't make sense to get rid of a fan favorite menu item. The suits making the decisions are not in tune to their customers.