The World News Media

Canada’s ‘AmBadAssador’ Shows His Way of Dealing With a Protester at Ceremony Honoring British Soldiers

TheWorldNewsOrg

The man known as Canada’s “AmBadAssador,” Canadian Ambassador to Ireland Kevin Vickers, tackled a protester at an event honoring British soldiers in Dublin Thursday, according to CBC.

According to the CBC, Vickers, the former House of Commons sergeant-at-arms who thwarted a gunman’s attack on Parliament in 2014 by shooting him, was in attendance at the ceremony commemorating the British soldiers who died during the 1916 Easter Rising, “also called the Easter Rebellion, when Irish republicans tried to overthrow British control of the country by force.”

When the event was interrupted by a male protester wearing an Easter Rising T-shirt, who began to shout, “This is an insult!” Vickers immediately tackled the man and pulled him away from the ceremony. Police then arrested the protester.

The protester, Brian Murphy, 46, later told The Canadian Press that he holds no grudge against Vickers for the incident and “things are grand.”

“I was making a point, and I knew what the outcome would be — that I’d be taken away,” Murphy said.

Asked if Vickers would face disciplinary action over the incident, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he wasn’t aware of the details and would consider the matter “if it lands on my table.”

Follow Kate Scanlon (@kgscanlon) on Twitter

Read more stories from TheBlaze

Trump Formally Clinches Republican Nomination for President

See What Trump Did When He Was Reportedly Told He Didn’t Have Enough Time for the National Anthem At His Rally

See How Dem Congresswoman Reacts During House Hearing When Witness Offers Her Opinion on Transgender Debate

‘That’s Very Offensive’: Reporter Confronts Trump for Calling Elizabeth Warren ‘Pocahontas’ — He Responds Like You’d Expect

Accusations of Pedophilia in Hollywood: Former Child Actor Corey Feldman Makes Shocking Revelation About Man Who Allegedly Molested Him

Source

• Views 160
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic