The World News Media

Become Kind to One Another, Freely Forgiving One Another

Bible Speaks

“Become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)

While every sin is an offense in God’s sight, he mercifully takes into consideration our failings because of inherited human imperfection. Indeed, the psalmist acknowledged: “If errors were what you watch, O Jah, O Jehovah, who could stand? For there is the true forgiveness with you, in order that you may be feared.” (Psalm 130:3, 4) 

So, what should we do when we err and sin against others, perhaps unintentionally? Recall that the model prayer that Jesus taught his followers to pray includes this request: “Forgive us our sins, for we ourselves also forgive everyone that is in debt to us.” (Luke 11:4) Yes, God will grant us forgiveness if we come to him and ask for it in Jesus’ name.—John 14:13, 14.

Note that Jesus included the condition that we also forgivethose “in debt to us.” The apostle Paul reminded his fellow believers: “Become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32) 

When we forgiveothers their faults, we will have good reason to expect God to forgive us ours.

God will overlook our shortcomings and grant us forgiveness if we come to him and ask for it in Jesus’ name.

The foremost reason to confess a sin is to gain an approved standing with God.
jw.org

IMG_5689.PNG

IMG_5219.mov

• Views 387
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

“Become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32) While every sin is an offense in God’s sight, he mercifully takes into consideration our failings because of inherited human imperfection. Indeed, the psalmist acknowledged: “If errors were what you watch, O Jah, O Jehovah, who could stand? For there is the true forgiveness with you, in order that you may be feared.” (Psalm 130:3, 4)  So, wh

Posted Images

• Similar Content

• Guest Nicole
    • By Bible Speaks
      How Complete Does 
      Jehovah Forgive?
      Have full confidence in the God who carries away the sins of those who seek his forgiveness on the basis of their faith in Jesus Ransom Sacrifice 
      28 "Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister
      and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”
      ( Matthew 20:28) NWT 
      jw.org 

• By Bible Speaks
      WHY JEHOVAH IS
           "READY TO FORGIVE"
           SEEKING MERCY WITH
           A CONTRITE HEART ❤️ 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. "The sacrifices pleasing to God are a broken spirit;
      A heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not reject."
      (Psalms 51:17) NWT
      jw.org
      IMG_9176.MP4

• By Bible Speaks
      Make a habit of shutting down conversations that aim to tear         others down. 
      19 "A slanderer goes about revealing confidential talk; Do not associate with one who loves to gossip." (Prov 20:19) NWT

• By Bible Speaks
      “Let Marriage Be Honorable”
      “Rejoice with the wife of your youth.”—PROVERBS 5:18.
      HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY MARRIAGE?
      Principle: “Each one of you must love his wife as he does himself; on the other hand, the wife should have deep respect for her husband.”—Ephesians 5:33.
      Some questions to ask yourself
      * What are my mate’s good qualities, and how can I express appreciation for him or her?—Proverbs 14:1; 31:29; 1 Peter 3:1, 6; 4:8.
      * Do I honor my spouse by seeking to understand his or her thoughts and feelings?—Philippians 2:4.
      * Am I willing to overlook my spouse’s shortcomings?—Matthew 6:14, 15.
      * When was the last time I expressed my affection for my spouse?—Song of Solomon 2:9-14.
      * Toward what spiritual goals are we working?—Matthew 6:33, 34; 1 Corinthians 9:24-27.
      * What initiative can I take to encourage my mate to read the Bible and consider the daily text together with me?
      4 "Let marriage be honorable among all, and let the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge sexually immoral people and adulterers." (Hebrews 13:4)

AVOID SPEECH AND CONDUCT THAT DISHONOR MARRIAGE
      What conduct dishonors marriage? (b) What question should we consider with our mate?
      A Christian wife some time ago noted: “I pray to Jehovah for strength to see me through.” Through what? She explained: “My husband strikes me with words. I may not have visible bruises, but his constant cutting remarks, such as ‘You’re a burden!’ and ‘You’re worthless!’ have scarred my heart.” This wife brings up a matter of grave concern—abusive speech within marriage.
      How sad it is when spouses in Christian households hurl cruel words at each other, causing emotional wounds that are not easily healed! Obviously, a marriage marked by hurtful speech is not honorable. 
      How is your marriage faring in this regard? One way to find out is by humbly asking your spouse, “What effect do my words have on you?” If your mate feels that time and again your words have caused emotional wounds, you must be willing to change the situation for the better.—Galatians 5:15; read Ephesians 4:31.
      God’s Word states: “By wisdom a house is built up, and by discernment it is made secure. By knowledge its rooms are filled with all sorts of precious and pleasant treasures.” (Proverbs 24:3, 4) 
      Consider how these words can be applied to marriage.
      How can we gradually strengthen our marriage? 
      Among the precious treasures filling a happy household are such qualities as true love, godly fear, and firm faith. (Proverbs 15:16, 17; 1 Peter 1:7) 
      They create a strong marriage. But did you note how the rooms in the above-quoted proverb are filled with precious treasures? “By knowledge.” Yes, when applied, Bible knowledge has the power to transform people’s thinking and to move them to rekindle their love for each other. (Romans 12:2; Philippians 1:9) 
      Hence, whenever you and your spouse sit down together and calmly consider a Bible passage, such as the daily text, or a Bible-based article in The Watchtower or Awake! pertaining to marriage, it is as if you were examining a lovely decoration that can beautify your house. When love for Jehovah moves you to apply in your marriage the counsel that you just examined, you are, as it were, bringing that decoration into the rooms of your house. As a result, some of the color and warmth that you once enjoyed in your marriage may return. 
      jw.org

• By Bible Speaks
      How important is a Greeting?
      It tells a story that a man working at a meatpacking plant in Norway.
      One day, finishing your work schedule, was one of the refrigerators to inspect something, shut the door to the safe and got stuck in the refrigerator. He knocked hard on the door and started screaming, but no one listened.
      Most workers had already retired to their homes, and it was almost impossible to hear it for the thickness I had that door.
      He had five hours in the refrigerator on the verge of death.
      Suddenly the door opened.
      The security guard came and rescued him.
      After that, the guard asked: "Why is it that came open that door, being that is not part of your work routine?".
      He explained: "I've been in this business 35 years, hundreds of workers entering the plant each day, but he is the one who greets me in the morning and said goodbye to me in the evenings. The remaining workers treat me as if I was invisible. "
      "Today I said Hello! at the entrance, but never heard: you tomorrow ".
      Jesus asked, "If you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing do? Do not do the same thing also the people of the nations "(Matt. 5:47)
      Regarding the importance of greeting, the consultant Donald Weiss wrote: "Nobody likes him that others pass by without even looking at it. There really is no excuse to appease those who have achieved overlooked. The solution is simple: greet each other and talk to them. "Indeed, if we are careful not cold shoulder or indifference to those around us, we will get good results.
      jw.org

• By Bible Speaks
      Sooner or later everyone fails at something....
      23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      (Romans 3:23)
    • By Bible Speaks
      Always acknowledge the accomplishments of others....
      26  "Let us not become egotistical, stirring up competition with one another, envying one another." (Ephesians 5:26)

• By HollyW
      Dear Arauna,
      It is through Jesus that God forgives all our sins.  I pray you read Psalm 103, especially verse 12:  As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
      Our love for Jesus and His love for us compels us to walk in his footsteps.  We aren't saved by our own merit, but by the righteousness of Jesus.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Conflict doesn’t just weigh down the spirit; it can lead to physical health issues. But these steps from a Johns Hopkins expert can help you move toward forgiveness—and better health.
      Whether it’s a simple spat with your spouse or long-held resentment toward a family member or friend, unresolved conflict can go deeper than you may realize—it may be affecting your physical health. The good news: Studies have found that the act of forgiveness can reap huge rewards for your health, lowering the risk of heart attack; improving cholesterol levels and sleep; and reducing pain, blood pressure, and levels of anxiety, depression and stress. And research points to an increase in the forgiveness-health connection as you age.
      “There is an enormous physical burden to being hurt and disappointed,” says Karen Swartz, M.D., director of the Mood Disorders Adult Consultation Clinic at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Chronic anger puts you into a fight-or-flight mode, which results in numerous changes in heart rate, blood pressure and immune response. Those changes, then, increase the risk of depression, heart disease and diabetes, among other conditions. Forgiveness, however, calms stress levels, leading to improved health.
      Can You Learn to Be More Forgiving?
      Forgiveness is not just about saying the words. “It is an active process in which you make a conscious decision to let go of negative feelings whether the person deserves it or not,” Swartz says. As you release the anger, resentment and hostility, you begin to feel empathy, compassion and sometimes even affection for the person who wronged you.
      Studies have found that some people are just naturally more forgiving. Consequently, they tend to be more satisfied with their lives and to have less depression, anxiety, stress, anger and hostility. People who hang on to grudges, however, are more likely to experience severe depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, as well as other health conditions. But that doesn’t mean that they can’t train themselves to act in healthier ways. In fact, 62 percent of American adults say they need more forgiveness in their personal lives, according to a survey by the nonprofit Fetzer Institute.
      Making Forgiveness Part of Your Life
      Forgiveness is a choice, Swartz says. “You are choosing to offer compassion and empathy to the person who wronged you.” The following steps can help you develop a more forgiving attitude—and benefit from better emotional and physical health.  
      Reflect and remember.
      That includes the events themselves, and also how you reacted, how you felt, and how the anger and hurt have affected you since.
      Empathize with the other person.
      For instance, if your spouse grew up in an alcoholic family, then anger when you have too many glasses of wine might be more understandable, says Swartz.
      Forgive deeply.
      Simply forgiving someone because you think you have no other alternative or because you think your religion requires it may be enough to bring some healing. But one study found that people whose forgiveness came in part from understanding that no one is perfect were able to resume a normal relationship with the other person, even if that person never apologized. Those who only forgave in an effort to salvage the relationship wound up with a worse relationship.
      Let go of expectations.
      An apology may not change your relationship with the other person or elicit an apology from her. If you don’t expect either, you won’t be disappointed.
      Decide to forgive.
      Once you make that choice, seal it with an action. If you don’t feel you can talk to the person who wronged you, write about your forgiveness in a journal or even talk about it to someone else in your life whom you trust.
      Forgive yourself.
      The act of forgiving includes forgiving yourself. For instance, if your spouse had an affair, recognize that the affair is not a reflection of your worth, says Swartz. 
      Definitions
      Immune response: How your immune system recognizes and defends itself against bacteria, viruses, toxins and other harmful substances. A response can include anything from coughing and sneezing to an increase in white blood cells, which attack foreign substances.
      Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): A disorder in which your “fight or flight,” or stress, response stays switched on, even when you have nothing to flee or battle. The disorder usually develops after an emotional or physical trauma, such as a mugging, physical abuse or a natural disaster. Symptoms include nightmares, insomnia, angry outbursts, emotional numbness, and physical and emotional tension.
      Source: 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Bible Speaks
      "With you counsel you will lead me."(Psalm 73:24)
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. "David then said to Nathan: “I have sinned against Jehovah.” Nathan replied to David: “Jehovah, in turn, forgives your sin.You will not die."

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.