The World News Media

6th grader says rights violated when forced to stand for Pledge ?

Bible Speaks

6th grader says rights violated when forced to stand for Pledge 

An 11-year-old boy says his decision not to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance at school got him roughed up by a teacher and lectured by another. Now both are facing disciplinary action for their actions.

Stone Chaney, 11, says he's been choosing to sit for the Pledge of Allegiance since 2nd grade. He said people have asked him in the past about hsi decision not to stand but has never had an issue - until now.

On the third day of the 6th grade, that all changed. "A teacher just comes up, puts her arms under my armpits and snatches me out of my chair. I say I don't stand for the pledge, she just glares at me and walks away," Stone said. "I just feel like my rights were violated. And she was the teacher consultant; the person who teaches other people not to put their hands on students. So who knows what other teachers she's taught her way of thinking." The rough start to his first year at East Middle School got even worse when he says he returned the next morning to a substitute teacher driving the point home and ordering him to stand. She also told him he would need a special note to be allowed to sit. "God said don't worship anything other than me, don't worship any idols, and pledging to a flag would kind of be like worshiping it," he said. "It's not if I have a reason or not, it's my right." His parents demanded action at a school board meeting, now both teachers have been placed on administrative leave.

His mother, Phillina Mullin, said the teacher should not have put her hands on Stone.

"One of the main issues we're having a problem with is the fact that an adult felt the need to put their hands on my child,

"Very proud of my son. He's a national hero right now," Brian Chaney, his father, said.

FOX 2 reached out to Farmington schools for a comment. The superintendent said it supports the rights of all students with this statement:

Farmington Public Schools offers every student the opportunity each day to participate in the Pledge of Allegiance. The District fully supports the right of each student to participate or not in the daily Pledge.

In this particular instance, school leaders began their investigation as soon as they were made aware of the situation, which was the day before the most recent Board meeting. The teacher allegedly involved in the incident has been placed on administrative leave pending the conclusion of the investigation.

At Farmington Public Schools, we expect every child and adult in our district to be treated with dignity and respect. At this time, the District cannot speculate about the outcome of the pending investigation.

We assure our parents and families that when any situation like this occurs, we remain committed to providing an education of excellence to every student.

-Dr. George C. Heitsch

Superintendent

Farmington Public Schools

Although the family is encouraged by the district's recent action, they're focusing now on the bigger picture.

"I have three younger brothers and hope it never happens to them, nobody in East (middle school). Nobody in Michigan, nobody all over the country," Stone said.

Stone is getting national attention for this, doing interviews all day long, and getting attention on social media. He's hoping now to get the attention of Colin Kaepernick. He will likely not be returning to the school.

The school district is expecting to release another statement tomorrow.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/6th-grader-says-rights-violated-when-forced-to-stand-for-pledge

IMG_6578.PNG

• Views 983
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6th grader says rights violated when forced to stand for Pledge  An 11-year-old boy says his decision not to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance at school got him roughed up by a teacher and lectu

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/6th-grader-says-rights-violated-when-forced-to-stand-for-pledge WATCH VIDEO THERE – INTERESTING! NOT STATED IF A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS 

Wikipedia has a good insight on this "phenomenon" of children taking stands BEFORE it becomes company policy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minersville_School_District_v._Gobitis As these Pa

Posted Images

Wikipedia has a good insight on this "phenomenon" of children taking stands BEFORE it becomes company policy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minersville_School_District_v._Gobitis

As these Passport Applications, each requiring a pledge of allegiance show ....

Everyone is equal ... but some are more equal than others.

Russell Passport Application  500 .jpg

RutherfordPassport 500 .jpg

KnorrPassportaa 500 .jpg

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• Sudden weight gain or loss can be caused by various factors, some of which may indicate underlying health issues. Here are common causes for each: Visit this this site for more knowledgeable information https://phcworld.com/category/fitness/ Causes of Sudden Weight Gain: Fluid Retention (Edema): Caused by conditions like kidney disease, heart failure, or liver disease, leading to swelling in the body. Hypothyroidism: An underactive thyroid can slow metabolism, causing weight gain even without changes in diet or activity. Medication Side Effects: Certain drugs like steroids, antidepressants, or birth control can lead to rapid weight gain. Cushing's Syndrome: Excess cortisol production can cause fat accumulation, particularly in the abdomen, face, and upper back. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Hormonal imbalances related to PCOS can cause weight gain, particularly around the waist. Emotional Eating or Stress: Stress and emotional eating can lead to overeating and weight gain, especially from high-calorie comfort foods. Menopause: Hormonal changes during menopause can lead to weight gain, particularly around the abdomen. Causes of Sudden Weight Loss: Hyperthyroidism: An overactive thyroid increases metabolism, leading to unexplained weight loss despite a normal or increased appetite. Diabetes: Uncontrolled diabetes can cause weight loss due to the body breaking down fat and muscle for energy. Cancer: Certain types of cancer, particularly in the digestive tract, may cause rapid weight loss. Gastrointestinal Disorders: Conditions like Crohn's disease, celiac disease, or IBS may affect nutrient absorption, leading to weight loss. Depression or Anxiety: Mental health conditions can reduce appetite, leading to unintentional weight loss. Chronic Infections: Tuberculosis, HIV, or other chronic infections can lead to significant weight loss as the body fights the infection. Medication Side Effects: Some drugs, such as chemotherapy or certain antidepressants, can cause weight loss as a side effect. If sudden, unexplained weight changes occur, it's important to consult a healthcare professional for proper diagnosis and treatment.
    • Yes, a balanced diet is crucial for maintaining good health. It provides the necessary nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs to function optimally. A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats can help improve energy levels, support immune function, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Eating a variety of nutrient-dense foods also supports mental well-being and overall vitality. In contrast, poor dietary choices, such as excessive consumption of processed foods, sugars, and unhealthy fats, can lead to health issues and imbalance. Therefore, making mindful and balanced food choices is fundamental for long-term health and well-being. What are the key components of a balanced diet?
    • Eating healthy food is essential for maintaining overall well-being and supporting a balanced lifestyle. For more info about healthy food visit https://phcworld.com/category/healthy-habits/  Incorporating a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats into your diet can help improve energy levels, boost immunity, and enhance mental clarity. It’s also important to stay hydrated and limit the intake of processed foods, sugars, and unhealthy fats. Making mindful food choices and establishing a balanced eating routine can lead to long-term health benefits and a more vibrant life. Whats your favourite food ?
    • Should Christians place greater trust in human-created philosophies or should a genuine Christian ground their desires from the scriptural perspective on the frailties of the mind and body? Psychology often falls short when it clashes with personal beliefs, regardless of the intentions behind it. James 1:14, Romans 12: 2 It also acts as a guide to clarify misconceptions, such as labeling "shunning" as an evil act rather than recognizing it as a corrective measure or a personal choice. This suggests a misunderstanding on the part of experts, more so than scholars, regarding psychological matters. The forum is structured around Christian ethics.
    • https://phcworld.com/category/health-and-wellness/ The Dendera Zodiac is a fascinating ancient Egyptian artifact that holds significant historical and astronomical value. Discovered in the Hathor Temple at Dendera, it is a carved bas-relief dating back to the Roman period of Egypt, around 50 BCE. This intricate depiction of the night sky features a circular representation of constellations and celestial bodies, showcasing the ancient Egyptians' advanced understanding of astronomy. The Dendera Zodiac is notable for its detailed depiction of zodiac signs, including Aries, Taurus, Gemini, and others. It also includes images of deities and mythological figures associated with these constellations. The artifact offers valuable insights into how the ancient Egyptians viewed the cosmos and how they integrated their religious and mythological beliefs with their understanding of the stars. Despite its importance, the Dendera Zodiac has been the subject of various interpretations and theories regarding its exact purpose and symbolism. Its rich artistry and complex design continue to captivate scholars and enthusiasts alike, making it a key piece in the study of ancient Egyptian science and religion.
  • Members

• Recent Status Updates

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Kazadi kasombola

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.