The World News Media

Daily text, Friday, May 18. 2018

Queen Esther

18.  5   ABRAHAM.jpg
Just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.—Jas. 2:26.

The letter of James explains that true Christian faith is not just a matter of believing; action is involved. “Show me your faith without the works,” wrote James, “and I will show you my faith by my works.” (Jas. 2:18) James goes on to show the clear difference between mere belief and the exercising of one’s faith. The demons believe that God exists, but they have no true faith. Rather, they faithlessly work against the fulfillment of God’s purposes. (Jas. 2:19, 20) By contrast, referring to another ancient man of faith, James asks: “Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works.” (Jas. 2:21-23) Then to drive home the point that faith must be shown by works, James adds the words of today’s text. w16.10 4:8

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2018/5/18

• Views 59
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.—Jas. 2:26. The letter of James explains that true Christian faith is not just a matter of believing; action is involv

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.