The World News Media

Patiently Waiting For Truth wants to discuss his take on my post: Searching for the earliest mention of the Israelite god, "Yahweh" (Tetragrammaton) aka "Jehovah" in Modern English

Thank you. Fantastic video. Proof that God's name is YAHWEH 

What more proof do you JWs need ?  YHWH = YAHWEH. 

Remember that is from the 15th century B.C.  The EARLIEST mention of God's name. 

Doesn't that contradict the Yehovah idea ?  

YAHWEH the only True God. Praise be to Yahweh through His son Yeshua. 

• Views 746
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Patiently waiting for Truth This is your thread to tell the world what you think of JW.org. Please leave other subjects threads alone (stick to the topic at hand) I'm surprised you don't ge

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

Thank you - so it is clear that even in Sudan area there is this an inscription of the Name of the God of Israel dated to 1500 BCE. 

Seriously, I can't make out if you are agreeing, being sarcastic, or calling Egyptians liars. 

I haven't researched the video to find out how old this video is but I trust @The Librarian to have researched the authenticity of it. 

@The Librarian mentions in the title "Yahweh" (Tetragrammaton) aka "Jehovah" in Modern English.

Why do you need a modern name for Almighty God. God who has always existed. God who will always exist. God who's name has such important meaning. 

Why would you need to change God's original name. In fact WHO would want to change God's original name. The only one that would want to wipe out God's original name is Satan the devil. 

9 hours ago, Arauna said:

Thank you - so it is clear that even in Sudan area there is this an inscription of the Name of the God of Israel dated to 1500 BCE. 

Seriously, I can't make out if you are agreeing, being sarcastic, or calling Egyptians liars. 

I haven't researched the video to find out how old this video is but I trust @The Librarian to have researched the authenticity of it. 

@The Librarian mentions in the title "Yahweh" (Tetragrammaton) aka "Jehovah" in Modern English.

Why do you need a modern name for Almighty God. God who has always existed. God who will always exist. God who's name has such important meaning. 

Why would you need to change God's original name. In fact WHO would want to change God's original name. The only one that would want to wipe out God's original name is Satan the devil. 

Dear, @The Librarian it appears that @Arauna is telling you that this video is twaddle. 

I do keep saying that it is difficult to know what is truth and what isn't. 

Oh well, I'll keep using YHWH and you lot can use that false name you love so much. 

YHWH seems genuine but some here might not even agree with that. 

I was showing in my post that there is a historical\ geographical error in his presentation!.  Geographically the Israelites were not near this area! ... and he speaks of a nomad people who were conquered who calls on this name!

Look on the map of Israel's travels on the peninsula and look at the  map of Africa and you will see there were no Israelites in Sudan! after the exodus - which was what he was implying.  The 1500 BCE dates are correct but the KING is the wrong king - He lived much later. 

While I respect the fact that he is bringing these old artifacts to us (I  subscribed to his channel) , it does not mean that he researches his comments very well.  The reason I say this is go back to the original Librarian post and you will see my reasonings for my  pointing out the discrepancies!

@Patiently waiting for Truth This is your thread to tell the world what you think of JW.org.

Please leave other subjects threads alone (stick to the topic at hand)

I'm surprised you don't get tired of spouting off the hatred daily...  

If you feel a certain way... make your post and add any additional thoughts to it.... don't twist every other topic to somehow relate to your hatred of a certain religion.

@Peter Carroll Chill on the website spamming please. We all already know where to find Jehovah's witnesses... @ jw.org   your spam is not helping us look any better. (especially on every single thread you touch).

Share ideas, thoughts and opinions..... not websites.

10 hours ago, Peter Carroll said:

Quotes from the said article 

HOW early in history does the divine name, Jehovah, or Yahweh, appear in sources outside the Bible? Some scholars confidently answer: As early as the 14th century B.C.E. Why do they say that?

When archaeologists discovered that temple, they found an Egyptian hieroglyphic that appears to show the Hebrew Tetragrammaton—YHWH,

The list of subjugated lands displayed at Soleb includes one that has variously been read “Yahwe in the Shosou land,” “The Shasu land of Jahu,” or “Land of the Shasu-yhw.” Egyptologist Jean Leclant says that the name that appears inscribed in the shield at Soleb “corresponds to the ‘tetragram’ of the god of the Bible, YHWH.”

Soleb is not the only place in Nubia where the name Yahwe appears in Egyptian hieroglyphics.

the hieroglyphic for “Yahwe in the Shosou land” appears close to those for other Shosou territories,

This article proves YAHWEH is correct BUT then the article completely changes direction and says :- 

"Unlike the names of other gods that appear in ancient inscriptions, the name of the God of the Bible, Jehovah, is still widely used and revered."

How could anyone with a Christian conscience prove that YAHWEH is correct but then pretend that the name Jehovah is the same ? 

13 hours ago, The Librarian said:

I'm surprised you don't get tired of spouting off the hatred daily... 

You seem to be showing your true colours now, and I can now understand why I was d/fed from this forum before. 

13 hours ago, The Librarian said:

This is your thread to tell the world what you think of JW.org.

Spoken like a true Elder. And if I did the above you would d/fed me again. :)