The World News Media

Appointed Times of the Nations

The phrase "Gentile Times" is also worded "appointed times of the nations."

Notice what Jesus said:

"And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled."

Jesus also said:

"Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is."

If the so-called "Gentile Times" could be calculated, then why did Jesus say "you do not know when"?

Jesus doesn't lie. He is the Faithful Witness.

1914 is a lie. Calculating some so-called "Gentile Times" is a theory by philosophers who like to make stuff up and sound really important, like the Pharisees. God's Word is clear. The Bible speaks of many "appointed times". "There is an appointed time for everything; A time for every activity under the heavens."

Jesus gave us signs so that we would know the appointed time is near. If we could calculate the time by some mathematical formula, then he wouldn't have had to give us signs.

Keep on the watch! The appointed time is near for judgment to start with the House of God. Repent, and keep away from idols. Praise Jehovah!

(Note to the Moderator: I am able to post an initial Topic, and sometimes I am able to respond, but for some reason at times after Moise Racette posts the box is no longer available for additional comments on my screen. I don't know if this is some kind of computer glitch or a setting on the forum, but I apologize for having to start new topics, many times I would prefer to continue on the already started Topic, but that option is not available on my screen. Perhaps there is an Administrator who can fix this issue. Thank you for providing this forum for discussions.)

• Views 449
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been many "appointed times of the nations."

Ancient Jerusalem met up with an "appointed time of the nations" when destroyed by Babylon. Another "appointed time" was when Jerusalem was sacked by Rome. There is not just one "appointed time" just like there is not just one "day of Jehovah". There have been many "days of Jehovah", meaning, when Jehovah executed judgment. Noah's day is one example. Armageddon is another.

Daniel chapter 7 talks about "appointed times." 

“I kept watching as that horn made war on the holy ones, and it was prevailing against them, until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was rendered in favor of the holy ones of the Supreme One, and the appointed time arrived for the holy ones to take possession of the kingdom."

Revelation and Daniel dovetail to show that the dual world power of the US/UK breathes life into the UN. The UN speaks blasphemously. After the anointed are all sealed and Jesus is given the kingdom and throws the Devil out of heaven, that is when the UN will crush religion. The Devil will be intent on also crushing the "holy ones". Revelation and Daniel 12 show this will be a three and a half year period of time. That is an "appointed time of the nations." That is what Jesus was referring to in the modern-day fulfillment.

Daniel chapter 8 sheds more light on the issue.

"Out of one of them came another horn, a small one, and it grew very great toward the south and toward the east and toward the Decoration.  It grew so great that it reached all the way to the army of the heavens, and it caused some of the army and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and it trampled them down.  It exalted itself even against the Prince of the army, and from him the constant feature was taken away, and the established place of his sanctuary was thrown down.  And an army was given over, together with the constant feature, because of transgression; and it kept throwing truth to the earth, and it acted and had success. And I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one speaking: “How long will the vision of the constant feature and of the transgression causing desolation continue, to make both the holy place and the army things to trample on?”  So he said to me: “Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition.”"

The UN will trample down Jehovah's Witnesses. ("Israel" means "Contender With God". There is the land of ancient Israel called Israel. There was the man Jacob called Israel. There is the 144,000, spiritual Israel. The group called Jehovah's Witnesses is also Israel in another way, because they are Contenders With God too. As in, the anointed will sit on 12 thrones to judge "the 12 tribes of Israel" and the 144,000 come out of all "Israel". The Bible makes clear that not all of "Israel" are anointed.) This trampling will happen during the great tribulation. At the appointed time in Daniel, "Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition." 

Genesis shows that "an evening, a morning" equals "one day." Therefore, 2,300 evenings and mornings equals 1,150 days. There is no start date that we can figure right now for when the great tribulation begins, because Jesus said no one would know the day or the hour when the kingdom would begin and Satan is tossed out of heaven and the tribulation would start, however, once the tribulation starts, it will be until 1,150 days that the appointed time the UN has to trample on the holy ones.

"“Gaʹbri·el, make that one understand what he saw.”  So he came near to where I was standing, but when he came I was so terrified that I fell facedown. He said to me: “Understand, O son of man, that the vision is for the time of the end.”  But while he was speaking with me, I fell fast asleep with my face to the ground. So he touched me and made me stand up where I had been standing.  Then he said: “Here I am causing you to know what will happen in the final part of the denunciation, because it is for the appointed time of the end."

"“And in the final part of their kingdom, as the transgressors act to a completion, a fierce-looking king who understands ambiguous sayings will stand up.  His power will become great, but not through his own power. He will bring ruin in an extraordinary way, and he will be successful and act effectively. He will bring mighty ones to ruin, also the people made up of the holy ones.  And by his cunning he will use deception to succeed; and in his heart he will exalt himself; and during a time of security he will bring many to ruin. He will even stand up against the Prince of princes, but he will be broken without human hand."

The UN leader "understands ambiguous sayings". His power will become great, "but not through his own power." He will act successfully and effectively, bringing ruin in a great way when he attacks religion. He will go too far, and Jesus will get him.

The Bible is clear. The prophecies in Daniel dovetail with Revelation and the gospels to show who the big loud horn is, and the "appointed time." 

Jesus said "let the reader use discernment".

Praise Jah!

Revelation 13

"And it stood still on the sand of the sea. And I saw a wild beast ascending out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns ten diadems, but on its heads blasphemous names."

Bible prophecies show the seven heads included the nations that affected God's people in the past and currently, namely, Egypt, Assyria, Medo-Persia, Babylon, Greece, Rome, and US/UK.

"Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were like those of a bear, and its mouth was like a lion’s mouth."

Daniel's "beasts" were leopard/Greece, bear/Medo-Persia, lion/Babylon. This wild beast is like all of those.

"And the dragon gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority."

Satan gives the governments his authority and power. He uses them to do his will.

"I saw that one of its heads seemed to have been fatally wounded, but its mortal wound had been healed, and all the earth followed the wild beast with admiration."

Revelation shows that the US/UK give life to the UN. Daniel shows that the UN "horn" is an extension of the US/UK. The head on this wild beast is the UN, that had the mortal wound when the League of Nations went defunct but then came back as the UN.

"And they worshipped the dragon because it gave the authority to the wild beast, and they worshipped the wild beast with the words: “Who is like the wild beast, and who can do battle with it?”"

Many people are looking to human governments to solve their problems rather than God's Kingdom.

"It was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and it was given authority to act for 42 months.  And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God to blaspheme his name and his dwelling place, even those residing in heaven.  It was permitted to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation."

The UN and the nations associated with it will attack religion, including Jehovah's Witnesses. This authority given to the UN will be for 42 months, or 3 1/2 years. Jehovah has allowed the nations to try every other kind of human government. The nations have not tried the UN government yet without the presence of false religion. This will be their chance.

"And all those who dwell on the earth will worship it. From the founding of the world, not one of their names has been written in the scroll of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered. If anyone has an ear, let him hear.  If anyone is meant for captivity, he will go into captivity. If anyone will kill with the sword, he must be killed with the sword. This is where it calls for endurance and faith on the part of the holy ones."

Most people on earth will subject themselves to the UN rather than Jehovah. It's going to be really tough for God's true worshippers. We must endure and have faith that the tribulation will end. 

"Then I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking like a dragon.  It exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast, whose mortal wound was healed.  And it performs great signs, even making fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the sight of mankind. It misleads those who dwell on the earth, because of the signs that it was permitted to perform in the sight of the wild beast, while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived.  And it was permitted to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast."

Once again, a reiteration of the fact that the US/UK is behind the UN. It is an extension of their rulership. 

"It puts under compulsion all people—the small and the great, the rich and the poor, the free and the slaves—that these should be marked on their right hand or on their forehead, and that nobody can buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name. This is where it calls for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number, and its number is 666."

The UN is deficient. It can't do what God's Kingdom can do. We must not give an act of worship to anyone besides Jehovah. We respect the governing authorities, but when they demand an act of worship, we must obey God rather than men. If they demand that we renounce Jehovah, we cannot obey the governments. We are Jehovah's Witnesses, and we cannot deny God. Jehovah is the True God, and we love Him.

The Times of the Nations are going to be 3 1/2 years. Then Jehovah will send Jesus to cut off their rulerships forever. Don't be afraid! Jehovah's angels will be with the holy ones. Praise Jehovah!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.