The World News Media

"In showing honor to one another take the lead." — (Rom. 12:10) — ??

Bible Speaks

"In showing honor to one another take the lead." — (Rom. 12:10)

?????

What is involved in honoring others? It starts with respect. In fact, the words “honor” and “respect” are often used together because they are closely related. 

?????

Honor is the manifestation, or outward demonstration, of respect. In other words, respect refers primarily to how we view our brother while honor refers to how we treat our brother. 

How can a Christian show genuine honor to fellow believers if he does not have heartfelt respect for them? 

?????

(3 John 9-10) I wrote something to the congregation, but Di·ot′re·phes, who likes to have the first place among them, does not receive anything from us with respect. 10 That is why, if I come, I will call to remembrance his works which he goes on doing, chattering about us with wicked words. Also, not being content with these things, neither does he himself receive the brothers with respect, and those who are wanting to receive them he tries to hinder and to throw out of the congregation."

?????

Just as a plant can flourish and last only if it is rooted in good soil, so honor can be genuine and lasting only if it is rooted in heartfelt respect. Since insincere honor does not grow out of genuine respect, it will wither sooner or later.

?????

No wonder, therefore, that Paul preceded his admonition to show honor with the clear-cut statement: “Let your love be without hypocrisy.”

?????

(Romans 12:9) Let [YOUR] love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is wicked, cling to what is good."

?????

(1 Peter 1:22) Now that YOU have purified YOUR souls by [YOUR] obedience to the truth with unhypocritical brotherly affection as the result, love one another intensely from the heart."

jw.org

IMG_9442.JPG

• Views 1.6k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.