The World News Media

Cliff Richard offered Congratulations to his niece on her wedding day - and drove her there in a purple Bentley to the Kingdom Hall

Guest Kurt

Wedding driver stint for Cliff Richard was no Norfolk summer holiday

Cliff Richard opens the door for his niece

Cliff Richard with Rachael Harrison

The happy couple: Sir Cliff with Rachael and her new husband Liam - and his maroon Bentley

The happy couple: Sir Cliff with Rachael and her new husband Liam - and his maroon Bentley

Behind the wheel of a gleaming maroon/burgundy-coloured Bentley was none other than singer Cliff Richard.

And although his visit to Norfolk was no summer holiday he may well have been heard singing Congratulations to the pretty bride sitting in the back of his vehicle with her proud dad at her side.

But the motorists' eyes were not playing tricks because one of the country's most famous and enduring music legends really was at the wheel of the iconic vehicle carrying his niece from her village home near Dereham to her wedding in Norwich.

What those motorists would not have seen but the wedding guests did, was that the near-seventy-year-old songster was wearing purple-coloured shoes to match the hue of his suit.

And it seems that Cliff's shoes were a talking point at the wedding on Saturday when Rachael Harrison, of Wendling, near Dereham, married Liam Roberts, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah Witnesses, off Rosary Road, in Norwich.

Rachael's mother, Jacqui Harrison is Cliff's sister, and when arrangements were being made for Rachael's big day her famous uncle was only too happy to offer his services, not only providing his luxury vehicle to take the bride to the wedding venue, but also to be the driver.

Having such a famous face at your wedding could have led to the bride being up-staged, but 'our Cliff' made sure that did not happen by keeping as low profile as possible but happily posing for photographs when asked to by the guests. He even carried through his chaffeur's role by opening the door for the pretty bride on arrival at the Kingdom Hall.

The singer, who has numerous number one hits in the charts during his amazing career, did not peform a solo spot during the ceremony but his familiar voice was clearly heard joining in one of the final songs. His role behind the wheel continued after the ceremony when he conveyed the newly married Mr and Mrs Roberts to Elm Farm Country house at Horsham St Faith, near Norwich - the venue for a family celebration lunch.

Recording the wedding on camera was Rachael's childhood friend, Jess Tavener, a professional freelance photographer who works under the name of Artistix Flavour.

Although I have grown up with Rachael and was obviously aware that Cliff Richard was her uncle, the assignment to take the wedding pictures was the first time I had met him, said Jess.

He was lovely, totally down-to-earth and just like your average uncle. He seemed in a happy and relaxed mood but made sure the focus was firmly on the wedding couple.

She added: I wasn't nervous about taking the pictures when there was such a famous celebrity about and found it quite exciting. He was wearing amazing purple-coloured shoes and even let me take a picture of them.

Jess revealed that when Rachael called her uncle last year to tell him that she had become engaged, he replied 'I suppose I should sing Congratulations to you.'

The evening before Saturday's wedding Cliff Richard, who will celebrate his 70th birthday on October 14, stayed at the Greenbanks hotel and restaurant at Wendling, near Dereham, where the bride once worked.

Yesterday Greenbanks owners were reluctant to talk about their famous guest, who has stayed with them before, but it is known that he happily posed for photographs with some of the guests at breakfast on Saturday morning. It is understood that, because of his down-to-earth and relaxed demeanour, some of the staff didn't even realise who he was.

Cliff Richard is the biggest selling singles artist of all time in the UK, with total sales of over 27 million and UK album sales of more than 18 million.

The singer also holds the record with Elvis Presley as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its first six decades between the 1950s and 2000s.

Estern Daily press

Mail online

• Views 1.7k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• Clearly, they are already demanding your exile. Yes! It's unfortunate that Pudgy spoiled a great discussion about science. I hope the discussion can continue without any more nonsensical interruptions. Just a suggestion since they are on your heels. Wow! You speak! It seems you have a lot to say! Now they are going to treat like, who do you think you are, mister big stuff! Are those aliens now going to imply that anyone who speaks out against the five or six key contributors to this site will be treated as though it is George just because those in opposition speak the language they hate to hear, the TRUTH? They are seeking individuals who will embrace their nonconformist values and appreciate what they can offer in shaping public opinion contrary to the established agenda of God and Christ. Their goal is to enhance their writing abilities and avoid squandering time on frivolous pursuits, mainly arguing about the truth they don't care for. They see it all as a mere game, even when leading people astray. They believe they have every right to and will face no biblical repercussions, or so they believe. They just want to have fun just like that Cyndi Lauper song. Be prepared to be belittled and ridiculed, all the while they claim to be angels. Haha! By the way, please refrain from using the same language as George. They appear to believe that when others use the same words, it means they are the same person, and they emphasize this as if no one else is allowed to use similar grammar. It seems they think only they have the right to use the same or similar writing styles. Quite amusing, isn't it? See, what I just placed in bold, now I'm George, lol! Now, let's leave this nice science thread for people that want to know more about science. I believe George left it at "Zero Distance."  
    • Nice little thread you’ve got going here, SciTech. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it.
    • It's truly disheartening when someone who is supposed to be a friend of the exclusive group resorts to using profanity in their comments, just like other members claiming to be witnesses. It's quite a ludicrous situation for the public to witness.  Yet, the "defense" of such a person, continues. 
    • No. However, I would appreciate if you do not reveal to all and sundry the secret meeting place of the closed club. (I do feel someone bad stomping on Sci’s little thread. But I see that has already happened.)
  • Members

• xero

xero 2,303

• Recent Status Updates

• Pamela Dunston  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi, TB
      I would like to get the weekly meeting and watchtower materials  and the 2024 convention 
      Attend the 2024 Convention—“Declare the Good News!”
      notebook, I just recently got a new computer, If don't mind my brother to add me on and allow me access to our study again.

Thank you, so much
      Sister Dunston
      · 0 replies
    • SpiritualSister 24  »  DARLENE2022

Hello, Darlene, I just love your name, I had a cousin named Darline, and had a classmate also named Darlene! It's a pleasure to know another Darlene! Especially a Spiritual Sister! There's some websites, Ministry Ideaz , JW Stuff.com, and Etsy that I use to order my yearly buttons for the Conventions! They always send me what I order, and their also Jehovah's Witnesses, that send us the merchandise we order!  You can check out these websites, and they might have what your looking for! I hope I have been helpful in assisting you, Darlene! Agape love, Shirley!😀
      · 1 reply
    • SpiritualSister 24

2024"Enter Into God's Rest" Circuit Assembly! 
      · 0 replies
    • Janice Lewis  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hello Twyla, when will the weekly study material be available. I am a member.
      Janice Lewis     lewisjanice84@gmail.com
      Thank you
      · 1 reply
    • Chloe Newman  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi Twyla,

When will the meeting material for week com Monday 11th March 2024 be available?

You normally post it the week before, normally on a Thursday.

Please let me know if there is any problem.

Best Regards

Chloe

· 0 replies
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    sperezrejon

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.