The World News Media

Woman, 59, killed in attempted carjacking in West Humboldt Park

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

By Michelle Gallardo

Sunday, July 15, 2018 08:39PM

CHICAGO (WLS) --

A 59-year-old woman was killed in an attempted carjacking in the West Humboldt Park neighborhood Sunday morning, Chicago police said.

The 59-year-old woman was in a vehicle with a 70-year-old woman and a 71-year-old man in the 900-block of North Kedvale when police said a man approached the driver's side of the vehicle at about 7:15 a.m., police said.

No one was in custody Sunday evening.

The elderly couple was picking up a friend to go to a Jehovah's Witnesses convention in southwest suburban Romeoville. The victim was shot just moments after getting into the vehicle.

The driver continued going, finally coming to a stop several blocks away, detectives said.

The suspect is described as being 5'4", in his 20s and wearing a red hoodie.

The 59-year-old woman was wounded in the head and transported to Stroger Hospital, where she later died. The other two victims were transported to a hospital for observation.

Area North detectives are investigating.

http://abc7chicago.com/woman-59-killed-in-attempted-carjacking-in-west-humboldt-park/3767277/

• Views 973
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

... round up the usual suspects ....

Chicago is a war zone, because the thugs know all law abiding citizens have been stripped of defensive weapons, and they can operate with almost guaranteed impunity.

When my wife and I eat at Golden Corral several times a week, here in North Carolina, we MANY times see average citizens come in with guns on their hips, and it merely generates casual interest. I see men in Wal-Mart with guns on their hips, and I have asked them if they get any hassle with open carry, and the reply is always no.

They next county over, is more strict, and once you cross the river, is like a war zone .... but not yet like Chicago.

My end of the subdivision I live in is a zero crime zone, because EVERYBODY shoots off their back decks.  My neighbor just left for a three week vacation in Georgia, and left wheelbarrows, ladders, and camping gear on his front lawn, and a boombox radio and other stuff on his front porch, with the very reasonable expectation it will still be there when he returns. Children leave bicycles and toys on their lawns at the street, with the same reasonable expectation.

On some 4 day Holiday weekends in Chicago, more than twenty people are murdered.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.