The World News Media

Russia orders closure of human rights group Memorial

Patiently waiting for Truth

https://www.dw.com/en/russia-orders-closure-of-human-rights-group-memorial/a-60273615

Prosecutors accused Memorial International, the country's oldest human rights NGO, of distorting history while investigating crimes committed under Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin.

Russia's Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the closure of Memorial International, one of the country's most prominent NGOs.   The organization faced charges under the Russia's controversial NGO laws, which demands groups which are funded from abroad to clearly mark all their material as issued by "a foreign agent."

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20211228-russia-s-supreme-court-orders-the-closure-of-memorial-country-s-best-known-human-rights-group

Russia's Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the closure of Memorial, the country's most prominent rights group, which chronicled Stalin-era purges and symbolised the post-Soviet democratisation.

Judge Alla Nazarova ordered the closure of Memorial International, the organisation's central structure, over breaches of its designation as a "foreign agent" by not marking all its publications with the label as required by law.  

Prosecutors also accused Memorial International of denigrating the memory of the Soviet Union and its victories and rehabilitating "Nazi criminals". During Tuesday's hearing a prosecutor said Memorial "creates a false image of the USSR as a terrorist state and denigrates the memory of World War II".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/28/russia-rights-memorial-liquidated/

Russia’s International Memorial Society, which documented Soviet-era repression, was liquidated for breaches of the country’s law on foreign agents  MOSCOW — Russia’s Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the liquidation of the country’s most prominent human rights organization, the International Memorial Society, in a decision that dismayed rights advocates. The ruling signaled the Kremlin’s determination to obliterate dissent, after a year in which authorities have jailed and harassed hundreds of opposition figures, activists, journalists and human rights lawyers, forcing dozens of them to flee the country for their safety.

The International Memorial Society, known as Memorial, was set up by dissidents — including renowned Nobel Peace Prize laureate Andrei Sakharov — during the final years of the Soviet Union.

3 reports about the same thing, but sorry folks they are all from 'main stream media', which some of you don't like. :) 

I just thought some of you might find it interesting. I do. 

• Views 678
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dw.com/en/russia-orders-closure-of-human-rights-group-memorial/a-60273615 Prosecutors accused Memorial International, the country's oldest human rights NGO, of distorting history whil

I'll just repeat this here  But my advice to you, if you do not like my posts, is just 'scroll on by'. 

8 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Russia's Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the closure of Memorial International, one of the country's most prominent NGOs.   The organization faced charges under the Russia's controversial NGO laws, which demands groups which are funded from abroad to clearly mark all their material as issued by "a foreign agent."

Isn't Russia doing that to many organizations that are not affiliated to their communist ideology and Orthodox Church? Why would it matter to a Christian that follows Christ? I say that since you continue to post in a religious forum. What benefit would a Christian have?

28 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Isn't Russia doing that to many organizations that are not affiliated to their communist ideology and Orthodox Church? Why would it matter to a Christian that follows Christ? I say that since you continue to post in a religious forum. What benefit would a Christian have?

It is good to note what is going on around the 'world', the Devil's 'world'.  We are advised through scripture to 'Keep on the watch'. Each 'restriction' in each country, is a step toward the complete banning of human rights and the banning of the Christian 'religion'.  It should matter to every True Christian as it becomes part of the 'sign of the times', the 'time of the end' of this wicked way of life here on God's Earth. 

But my advice to you, if you do not like my posts, is just 'scroll on by'. 

17 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

It is good to note what is going on around the 'world', the Devil's 'world'.  We are advised through scripture to 'Keep on the watch'. Each 'restriction' in each country, is a step toward the complete banning of human rights and the banning of the Christian 'religion'.  It should matter to every True Christian as it becomes part of the 'sign of the times', the 'time of the end' of this wicked way of life here on God's Earth. 

Then why do you criticize others when they do it? I don't see the benefit on being contradictory with certain positions.

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2021 at 10:25 AM, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

But my advice to you, if you do not like my posts, is just 'scroll on by'. 

Can you explain why you don't apply this thought to yourself about the Watchtower? If you don't like their doctrine and structure, just scroll on by?

@Patiently waiting for Truth With all due respect, this was attested to years ago, of what Russia planned on doing, how the Kremlin, The State Duma, and the RoC operated, more so direct and indirect actions taken; they put the chess pieces on the board in advance, even regarding Ukraine, and people in Kiev. Then you have to factor in the censorship which is starting to get frustrating.