The World News Media

THE LIVING IDOL

Witness

Leviticus 26:1 -  “‘Do not make idols or SET UP AN IMAGE or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the Lord your God.”

The Hebrew word here for “image” means - carved idol, stemming from a word meaning to cut, hew into shape.

Over the life span of the organization, another image has taken shape; ingeniously and  demonically crafted as a Satanic baited trap, to lead the anointed remnant into idolatry.  ( Ps 119:123; Amos 3:5; Jer 5:26; Matt 24:24; 2 Cor 11:14-15; Col 2:8; Rev 13:10)

Two “Beasts” worked together over time to aid in its development; the first one from the “sea” is a conglomerate, and “Gentile” in nature. (Rev 9:1,3-4; Isa 57:20; Dan 7:3; 13:1,2; Rev 2:9) From Satan, it has received power, a throne, and great authority to overcome the holy ones.  (2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-2; 13:7)

The second Beast comes “out of the earth”, with “earth” signifying the people belonging to God, and are kings under Jesus Christ. (Isa 64:8; 1 Pet 2:9,10; 1 Cor 3:9; Rom 2:28,29; Gal 3:29; Rev 1:5; 13:11).

This second Beast involves a lineage of false prophets/teachers, leading “heads” of the Beast from the sea, who profess to speak truth as Christ’s ambassadors. (Matt 24:24; 1 Tim 4:1; 2 Pet 2:1,10,12; Jude 10,11; Rev 2:14; 17:9,10) (John 8:17; 2 Cor 5:20; Rev 13:11; Dan 11:27; Rev 16:13)  

Leaving their covenant with the Father and Jesus, these false prophets have become spiritual Harlots. (Jer 9:2; Ezek 16:32; 1 Cor 6:15-16; Col 2:18-19; Rev 17:1-2,5) The Beast has received power from the “dragon” to perform great wonders, while exercising all authority of the first beast, to its benefit. (Luke 22:25; Rev 13:12,13)

“Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to SET UP AN IMAGE in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.”  Rev 13:14

The Greek word for “image” –  a likeness, profile, representation, resemblance, “be like”. 

What is the image of the first Beast from the Sea resembling or representing? (Rev 13:1)  What representation does it promote? The organization’s doctrine defines this image as the “likeness” or “representation of the world-wide political system”. They say it is the United Nations.  Yet, if we go back to Leviticus 26, God was warning His people under covenant not to set up an image that must be worshipped. (Deut 11:16; Jer 32:34; Isa 46:5,9; Rev 13:4,15) Many nations of peoples had idols during that time, but God’s focus was on pure worship to be given to Him by His chosen people. He warned them not to adopt idols from other nations.  He told them of the consequences of losing His spiritual protection, reminding His people of the abundance blessings they had received when obedient to His decrees.   (Lev 19:4; 26:14-15,17,20; Exod 23:13; Judges 10:6; Micah 5:13; Rom 1:25)

So, who is it that must understand and apply the message of Revelation?  The political and religious elements of the world?  Again, it is God’s holy people under covenant. They loosely apply Revelation to themselves only as innocent victims, never as irresponsible in following the commands of Christ. (Rev 3:14-22; 14:9-11)

In general, JWs already do not get involved in politics or the religions of other nations; therefore, it is inconceivable for them to think they could be led into idolatry by other nations. How then, could it happen among God’s holy people today?  Since the word, “heavenly organization” is used to define heavenly Zion by the Wt, how easy it has been for the false prophets/”harlots” to label their earthly organization, as “Jehovah’s earthly Zion”. This idol has a unique quality that the United Nations organization cannot boast of.  The image of this Beast has been given “breath” by its beastly harlot-false prophets, an inspirational idea to set it apart from all other organizations - religious or political.  (1 Tim 4:1; Rev 13:15)  Its perception as “spirit-directed” has become a seemingly powerful, life-giving, or life-threatening image to JWs.  

There are quotes in the magazines verifying that God’s Holy Zion/New Jerusalem is represented on earth through His spirit-anointed priests within the organization. (wt 02/7/1 pp. 9-14; ip-2 chap. 23 pp. 335-348)  But deceit has come into play. Lies are built up and any truth once taught, has been removed. (Rev 16:13-16) The organization more prominently promotes itself as God’s earthly “Zion”; a counterfeit of the heavenly Zion represented by the faithful anointed. (Dan 8:10-12; Zech 4:7)  (Ps 132:7-9,13-14; Gal 4:26; Heb 12:22;Rev 14:1)

Its spirit-directed “living” image is represented by the “Gentile” elder body, who rule over God’s Temple priests.

Do we see any "Beast"... any identity or group, whose image is being imbued with a facade of spirit-authority and power, by a false prophet?
At 
John20:21-23, we saw that Jesus gave holy spirit to his anointed chosen ones, bestowing on them a commission to teach truth, and authority over the forgiveness of sin (John20:231Cor.6:2-3Matt.18:18). 
But who is it that is actually exercising that authority and power today... even over the anointed Chosen? 
What image today, by declaration of a prophet, seems "spirit-directed", and as a result, the tangible representatives and enforcers of worship toward that image, can pass the judgment of spiritual life or death...
     (over those who refuse to accept that image as being spirit-directed), 
...even over the chosen ones? (
Dan.8:11-12,2411:33Luke21:24Rev.13:10,71Cor.3:162Thess.2:4Dan.11:36-37,34Mark13:14)

Living Idol

Lev 26:1 follows up immediately by saying in verse 2 -

“‘Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the Lord.”

To have reverence means “to fear, stand in awe of, respect, honor”.  The sanctuary was the earthly dwelling of God’s Spirit at that time. (Exod 25:8) Today, it is within the hearts of the anointed. (1 Cor 3:16,17) Yet the Beast from the Sea has elevated the image of itself as spirit-directed, far above God’s sanctuary in importance, hanging this false teaching over the anointed heads of “living stones”.  (Ezek 44:6-9; Lam 1:10; Zeph 3:4; Isa 63:18; Dan 11:31; Luke 12:10; 1 Pet 2:5)

The anointed are an obscure group of people in the Wt, whose admission of receiving an anointing is generally disregarded, not believed, or the person claiming to be anointed may be deemed as mentally ill.  Easily, this spiritual nation has been trampled down by a massive, strong “Gentile” elder body, by subduing them with lies. (Joel 2:2-3; Ezek 34:2,4,21)  It is the organization that demands respect and honor, and it is the elders that must be revered and obeyed; signifying that this is the time when “Gentiles” are standing in the holy place where they don’t belong. (Eccl 10:5-7; Mar 13:14) The “man of lawlessness” is another name for the Beast from the Sea.  (2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 13:18)

The word of harlot-false prophets is a hybrid of teachings that have muddied and poisoned the clear living waters of truth. ( 2 Cor 11:2-4; Rev 8:10-11;17:1,15)  I wondered if a contradiction could be detected in John 1:1, where the NWT bible reads “the Word was a  god”. Was this change inspired solely because of the Trinity doctrine?  Perhaps, yet the Word - “direction”, “guidance”, “instruction”,” protection”, “discipline” from “Jehovah’s organization”; and necessary “obedience” to this Beast/Idol holds greater impact in the mind of a JW, than does the Word of God in Jesus Christ…God’s spokesman (Logos), messenger, beloved Son and reigning King.   (John 8:31; 14:6; Matt 28:18)  The leadership’s teachings which substitute scripture, are “inspired” by the living idol. (Mark 7:6-9; 2 Tim 3:16) 

We are judged based on the word of God, not those of men. (John 12:48,49)

Exodus 13:9
"And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt."

That symbolic token on the hand and forehead would also signify that God's Law would be remembered...always present in our heart, and then proceed from our mouth. (See 
Deut.6:6,811:18Luke 6:45) What our heart contained would become evident by our words (Matt.12:33,34,35) and on this basis, we would be judged (Matt.12:37,36).
  This evidence of our heart's spiritual condition, is symbolized by a spiritual identifying mark, on our hands (evident deeds/practices) and forehead (beliefs, moral code, mental disposition, spiritual perspective and perceptions -
Eze.9:4). (Deut.6:6,8Rev.13:16,17)

Mark of the Beast

Not only spiritually were God’s people marked by His word, but as a physical remembrance they were told,

“You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 20 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates”.  Deut 11:19-20

We are all familiar with the organization's literal logo. My son asked one day, “you know how   sometimes nothing is as it seems?”  He had passed one of the Wt. signs posted on the local kingdom hall. In advertising, it is said that the color blue promotes trust, depth, and calmness.  White signifies the idea of cleanliness, so both colors are used frequently by corporations in advertising.   Also, these two “colors of Judah” relating to the early priesthood, adorn the flag of the nation of Israel, which is also called the Flag of Zion.  I can see the organization adopting the colors, for both reasons. 

He expressed that behind this innocent looking logo which invites the world to explore its “truths”, danger lurks in the form of lies, of hidden child abuse, and slavery to men and their fleshly desires. I told him that it also represents the home of the “man of lawlessness”, and spiritual harlots directing these “drunkards”. (Hab 2:15-16; Matt 24:48-51) I said, the harlot leaders have adulterated the Word of God, and exposed their lust for their idol and its image, represented by the elder body.  After some discussion, he then related his time visiting a very small town in the state of Nevada, servicing computers for his job.  He wasn’t aware of what the “red light district” meant until his workmate pointed out the actual red light positioned above the door of various pubs and buildings in the town. This signifies an open invitation to visit a prostitute.   When he made this connection to the organization’s logo as an open invitation to avail oneself to the Harlot’s wares – the “Word” of her god, I realized that the scripture lingering in the back of my mind during our conversation, describes in blunt terms, the spiritual immoral relationship of the Beast/Harlot from the earth, with her “mountainlike organization” of “Gentiles” that she loves.

“On a lofty and high mountain
You have set your bed;
Even there you went up
To offer sacrifice.
Also behind the doors and their doorposts
You have set up your remembrance
;
For you have uncovered yourself to those other than Me,
And have gone up to them;
You have enlarged your bed
And made a covenant with them;
You have loved their bed,
Where you saw their nudity.

And of whom have you been afraid, or feared,
That you have lied
And not remembered Me,
Nor taken it to your heart?
Is it not because I have held My peace from of old
That you do not fear Me?
12 I will declare your righteousness
And your works,
For they will not profit you.
13 When you cry out,
Let your collection of idols deliver you.
But the wind will carry them all away,
A breath will take them.
But he who puts his trust in Me shall possess the land,
And shall inherit My holy mountain.”  Isa 57:7-8,11-13

So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,  
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.  Rev 17:3-5

“For all the nations have drunk
the wine of her sexual immorality,
which brings wrath.
The kings of the earth
have committed sexual immorality with her,
and the merchants of the earth
have grown wealthy from her sensuality and excess.

Then I heard another voice from heaven:

Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins
or receive any of her plagues.
For her sins are piled upto heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.”  Rev 18:3-5

angry-heavens-renee-sullivan.jpg

• Views 649
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leviticus 26:1 -  “‘Do not make idols or SET UP AN IMAGE or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the Lord your God.” The Hebrew

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.