The Librarian

• Views 399
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what I was told when I was younger and I think about it every time I hear this song..... ".... peace and good, brotherhood...." Agape The Librarian

I hate to say it, but I think of the TV series "Breaking Bad" every time I hear that song. But I pioneered with a good friend during the years 1973-1976 when this book (1968 edition) reached its

18 hours ago, The Librarian said:

This is what I was told when I was younger and I think about it every time I hear this song.....

I hate to say it, but I think of the TV series "Breaking Bad" every time I hear that song.

But I pioneered with a good friend during the years 1973-1976 when this book (1968 edition) reached its peak circulation. The brother was a Led Zeppelin fan, to the consternation of most of us who shared a car group with him. He always tried to convince people that their 1971 song "Stairway to Heaven" was written because someone from the group knew about the "Truth" book. The only words that partly fit were the following, assuming that the book was the "piper" and that "soon" there would be a "new day dawn" and there's still time to "change the road you're on" and get on the road that leads to eternal life, to paradise earth when "forests will echo with laughter."

Quite a stretch, imo, because I figured the song was completely unrelated to "truth."

And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason

And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter

. . . 

Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on