Bible Speaks

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody Study This Book? ? I was Baptized the year it was released? What was your experience?  The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life 107,300,000 COPIES

I also studied the truth book in 1969 and got babtised in 6 months. I was a 20 year old strong Catholic who had gone to Catholic school all through grade school & high school. I taught Catchism fo

yes I came into the truth by studying this wonderful book. Colin

Posted Images

Over the years, I bought several hundred of these at only a nickel apiece. Placed them for 25 cents apiece. Every two placed was another gallon of gas for pioneering. Only have about 2 left.

I was baptized the year before it was released.

Since this came out in 1968 it pushed the 1975 date in a couple of places, as a time when the world would reach a peak of crises and catastrophes.  The book was updated in 1981 to get rid of the 1975 date.

This was an excellent style for studying. We didn't spend too long on any subject, and there were a lot of scriptures packed into the material that were just cited and not quoted. So a study could go long or short and still cover the material depending on the preference of the person we were studying with. Millions became Witnesses based on this book, especially former Catholics. But I think it had about equal appeal to people of many backgrounds.

Just now, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Was  5 cents the Pioneer rate?

Yes. We had it made!! This book went like hotcakes. It's the expression we heard a lot, and it was true. It was the pioneer's bread and butter somedays. Also, in those days, there was no request to put the "profit" back in the contribution box, because the buyers of the book were not contributing to the Kingdom work, they were actually contributing to our ability to continue pioneering.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.