The World News Media

"O Jehovah, why have my adversaries become many?"—Ps. 3:1. ?⚔️?⚔️?

Bible Speaks

"O Jehovah, why have my adversaries become many?"—Ps. 3:1.

???????

“The heart of the men of Israel has come to be behind Absalom,” says a messenger. (2 Sam. 15:13)

???????

Wondering how Absalom has been able to marshal such support, David asks the above question. Many Israelites think that Jehovah will not deliver David from calamity at the hands of Absalom and his cohorts. But David is confident because he has implicit trust in God. He sings: “Yet you, O Jehovah, are a shield about me, my glory and the One lifting up my head.” (Ps. 3:3) 

???????

David is sure that Jehovah will protect him just as a shield protects a soldier. Yes, the aging king is fleeing, his head covered and bent down in humiliation. But the Most High will change David’s condition to one of glory. Jehovah will enable him to stand erect, to raise his head and hold it high once again. David calls out with confidence that God will answer him. Do you display such trust in Jehovah? 

???????

w11 5/15 5:3, 4

IMG_5861.JPG

• Views 687
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"O Jehovah, why have my adversaries become many?"—Ps. 3:1. ??????? “The heart of the men of Israel has come to be behind Absalom,” says a messenger. (2 Sam. 15:13) ??????? Wonde

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.