The World News Media

Why Did I Say That? ???

Bible Speaks

Why Did I Say That? ?❓❓❓

WHY you occasionally say the wrong thing ?

WHAT to do when you slip ?

HOW to tame your tongue “I’m usually good at controlling my tongue, but sometimes I slip and afterward wish I could just disappear!”—Chase “At times I say things that everyone is probably thinking but that shouldn’t be said out loud . . . Oops!”—Allie

WHY IT HAPPENS ?

Key scripture: “If a person never makes a mistake in what he says, he is perfect.” (James 3:2, Good News Translation) 

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU SLIP ?

Key scripture: “Pursue the things making for peace.” (Romans 14:19) One way to follow that advice is to apologize.

True story: “My mom died when I was ten months old and my dad was never in the picture, so I was raised by my aunt and uncle. One day when I was about 10 or 11, I was feeling really lonely and angry that my mom had died, and I felt like blaming someone. So when my aunt asked me to help her out with something, I began ranting; and by the end of it, the words ‘I hate you’ and ‘You aren’t my real mom’ came out. My aunt had this shocked look on her face. Then she walked into her bedroom and shut the door, and I could hear her crying. I felt awful. She had taken care of me and had done everything for me, and I had treated her like dirt. My uncle talked to me about what had happened, and he showed me scriptures about controlling the tongue. Afterward, I sincerely apologized to my aunt. I had to realize that I was in the wrong.”—Karen.

Below, write one reason why it might be difficult for you to apologize.

․․․․․❓❓❓

Why might apologizing make you feel better?

․․․․․❓❓❓

Clue: Consider the principles found at Proverbs 11:2 and Matthew 5:23, 24.

Of course, it’s good to prevent a situation in the first place so that you won’t need to apologize. How can you do that?

HOW TO TAME YOUR TONGUE ? 

Key scripture: “Be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath.” (James 1:19) Here are some tips that will help you put that advice into practice.

Read the following scriptures, and match each one to a tip. ?

Proverbs 12:16 ✅

Proverbs 17:14 ✅

Proverbs 26:20 ✅

Ecclesiastes 7:9 ✅

Philippians 2:3 ✅

IMG_4233.JPG

• Views 569
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

Why Did I Say That? ?❓❓❓ WHY you occasionally say the wrong thing ? WHAT to do when you slip ? HOW to tame your tongue “I’m usually good at controlling my tongue, but sometimes I slip a

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.