The World News Media

What happens at a Jehovah's Witness bible study?

Jack Ryan

• Views 474
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This video (If you can access) shows what happens at a Jehovah's Witness Bible Study.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/free-bible-study/video-bible-study/

I don't have a video of a Pentecostal bible study but I did attend one prior to becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

There was a group present and passages from the Revelation were read. Then I was asked to kneel between the chairs in the aisle way. A friendly man held my left shoulder and spoke quietly in my ear while others were singing. I could not understand what he was saying at the time. I asked him what did the Revelation prophecies mean and I was told that this was a very deep book and these were mysteries that God would reveal in his due time. I only went there once.

The Pentecostal people were friendly and quite welcoming, but the experience differed greatly from that with Jehovah's Witnesses where much more individual attention was given. Passages of Scripture were read and explained  and I was able to ask questions at length that were answered using other scriptures to compare. 

This was a long time ago so things may have changed with the Pentecostals although the same basic method is still with the Witnesses as shown in the video.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.