The World News Media

What is a "Devout" Jehovah's Witness?

The Librarian

In a previous post:

I wanted to use the term "older" or "senior" Jehovah's Witnesses to denote the JW's that I grew up with who actually enforced many such "rules" by which many of us were taught.

However it is not JUST the older or the senior JW's who avoid pagan origins... SO... I needed a word ....

DEVOUT came to mind.

As you can see I am still questioning my word choice. There is a difference between the modern JW's and the "classic" JW's of the 1970's when we were a relatively small group.

Not sure how to refer to these two groups.

How would you title any number of such questions?

• Views 994
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about: Why do some Jehovah's Witnesses never buy things from Goodwill [Salvation Army, etc]? Why do some Jehovah's Witnesses never say the word "lucky" ["fortunate", etc.]? Why do s

In a previous post: I wanted to use the term "older" or "senior" Jehovah's Witnesses to denote the JW's that I grew up with who actually enforced many such "rules" by which many of us were taugh

How about:

Why do some Jehovah's Witnesses never buy things from Goodwill [Salvation Army, etc]?

Why do some Jehovah's Witnesses never say the word "lucky" ["fortunate", etc.]?

Why do some Jehovah's Witnesses never feed live food to their pets?

Why do some Jehovah's Witnesses still think that 1918 had to be the year that the apostle Paul (for example) was resurrected?

Why do some Jehovah's Witnesses never step into a church as a tourist even it houses a museum or interesting art and architecture?

Etc.

You lose the point about "classic" JWs from the 1970's. But you can always try to make that point separately, if it's really true.

If that fourth one up there "throws" anybody, some Witnesses evidently read less dogmatic statements in recent Watchtowers as if they are only "toned down" for the newcomers, when the old ideas about 1918 (or, Russia as King of the North, etc.) are still "accurate knowledge."

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.