The World News Media

"In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world.” (John 16:33) ???????

Bible Speaks

"I have said these things to you so that by means of me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world.Ô (John 16:33)

???????

“Take Courage! I Have Conquered the World”

Be Obedient and Courageous as Christ Was

“Take courage! I have conquered the world.”—JOHN 16:33.

???????

JESUS CHRIST always did God’s will. Not once did he even entertain the thought of disobeying his heavenly Father. (John 4:34; Heb. 7:26) But his circumstances on earth did not make it easy for him to be obedient. From the beginning of his preaching career, Jesus’ enemies, including Satan himself, tried to convince, force, or trick Jesus into abandoning his course of faithfulness. (Matt. 4:1-11; Luke 20:20-25) These enemies caused Jesus intense mental, emotional, and physical pain. Ultimately, they succeeded in bringing about his death on the torture stake. (Matt. 26:37, 38; Luke 22:44; John 19:1, 17, 18) Through all of this, and despite profound suffering, Jesus remained “obedient as far as death.”—Read Philippians 2:8.

???????

Although he was a perfect man, Jesus did not try to remain perfectly obedient on his own. He prayed for God’s help to remain obedient. (Read Hebrews 5:7.) For us to remain obedient, we too need a humble, prayerful attitude. For this reason, the apostle Paul counseled Christians: “Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus,” who “humbled himself and became obedient as far as death.” (Phil. 2:5-8) Jesus’ course proved that obedience is possible for humans even amid a wicked society. Granted, Jesus was perfect, but what about imperfect humans like us

???????

He never yielded to the world’s influence. He never allowed the world to stop him from carrying out his preaching commission or to cause him to lower his standards for true worship and proper conduct; nor should we. In prayer, Jesus said of his disciples: “They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” (John 17:16) Studying Christ’s courageous example and reflecting on it can give us the necessary courage to remain separate from the world

???????

The apostles too realized that their courageous actions must be based on faith. They implored Jesus: “Give us more faith.” (Read Luke 17:5, 6.) Having real faith means more than merely believing that God exists. It involves developing a deep, trusting relationship with Jehovah, not unlike the relationship a small child has with a kind and loving father. Under inspiration, Solomon wrote: “My son, if your heart has become wise, my heart will rejoice, even mine. And my kidneys will exult when your lips speak uprightness.” (Prov. 23:15, 16) In the same way, our courageously standing up for righteous principles brings Jehovah delight, and knowing that increases our courage. Therefore, let us always imitate Jesus’ example, taking a courageous stand for righteousness!

???????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009682?q=john+16%3A33&p=par

IMG_4982.JPG

• Views 599
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

"I have said these things to you so that by means of me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world.Ô (John 16:33) ??????? “Take

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.