The World News Media

UN Security Council rejects Russian resolution condemning `aggression’ against Syria by the US and...

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 236
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was the founding member of my former family. When my children were very little, they wanted to do "something" that was either too expensive, or dangerous ... I forget what ... and I said they c

Isn't this meaningless, like saying that the sky is blue because the sky is blue? The whole point of the security council is to reject any condemnation of the "primary" nations who make up the security council. Note closely from Wikipedia:

• The United Nations Security Council "veto power" refers to the power of the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council to veto any "substantive" resolution. . . . The unconditional veto possessed by the five governments has been seen by critics as the most undemocratic character of the UN.[1] Critics also claim that veto power is the main cause for international inaction on war crimes and crimes against humanity.[2] However, the United States refused to join the United Nations in 1945 unless it was given a veto.[1] . . . The United Nations Security Council veto system was established in order to prohibit the UN from taking any future action directly against its principal founding members.

I was the founding member of my former family.

When my children were very little, they wanted to do "something" that was either too expensive, or dangerous ... I forget what ... and I said they could not do it.  My eldest Son sez: "Hey Dad ... don't we get a vote?"

It would have been three against one... and I could see the "look of victory" on their faces as they realized that ....

I replied "Yes, everybody here gets to vote, but we vote by how much you weigh ... and I weigh more than everybody else here".

Same thing.