The World News Media

What do Jehovah's Witnesses think of Bitcoin?

The Librarian

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maria followed me on Twitter one fine day and she was drop-dead gorgeous. No, I did not follow her back for that reason. Trust me on this: drop dead gorgeous women throw themselves at me all the time;

I dunno. The trick would be to persuade them they really are assets and not just the next UN NGO bright idea.

Posted Images

Maria followed me on Twitter one fine day and she was drop-dead gorgeous. No, I did not follow her back for that reason. Trust me on this: drop dead gorgeous women throw themselves at me all the time; it is a great nuisance because all I want to do is think about God.

In fact, I didn’t follow her back at all, not even for the reassuring profile photo she displayed, consisting solely of “Jehovah” in gold-embossed letters. However, I did scroll her timeline and found a suitable place to leave a comment. She soon replied that she had just texted me.

Sorry, I told her, I don’t do DM. I stay on the public side of Twitter. “Why?” she wanted to know. “Because if I do so I am immersed in dozens of private chats and I can’t keep up,” said I. She responded that, in that case, I could contact her on WhatsApp. I didn’t reply to that one.

EF87F243-824F-4D55-A436-10CCCA80C88E
Next thing you know she has disappeared and all her notifications with her! I searched out her username: “Account suspended for violation of Twitter rules.” Hmm. I searched for the name on Facebook. It links to a certain bit-coin trader, also drop-dead gorgeous.

No, Maria, my dear, I have all the bit-coin I need, thank you very much—even though you are drop-dead gorgeous, even though your profile does say ‘Jehovah’ so I know you are one of us, probably belonging to the congregation right next door. I’ve no doubt she has a separate profile that says Jesus, another that says Buddha, Dagon, Moroni, Baal, and a dozen others. 

It is called ‘Affinity Fraud,’ winning someone’s confidence through feigned common roots. It factors into the making of E.T—The Sequel, a movie you may not have seen. In the original, cute, adorable, toddler E.T. charms all who are pure enough to let him into their hearts. But in E.T.—the Sequel, he returns as a surly teenager. He curses, spits, brawls, swears, and in the end destroys the earth with his white-hot power beam, starting with Wall Street. 

Steven Spielberg, the movie’s creator, had just lost an ever-loving fortune to the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. Both were Jews. Virtually all of Madoff’s victims were Jews. It was affinity fraud. Not that Maria’s scheme is a fraud, necessarily, but her means of contact certainly was. She’s probably not even drop-dead gorgeous. She’s probably an old hen. And even if she is not, so what? Is not Mrs. Harley also drop-dead gorgeous?

• 5 months later...

For the things seen are tempo­rary, but the things unseen are everlasting.

Paul of Tarsus, Corinthians 4:18b

Someone responded to me today with this quote re: Bitcoin... made me smile. 😉

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bethel is starting to allocate some holdings in Bitcoin as a way of preserving their assets against local governments around the world after Russia essentially just stole the Branch office. Multisig wallets across continents with many wallet addresses and hidden directors from various countries would make sense.

Lawyers would have a very hard time tracking assets they don't even know exist under corporate structures and trusts they also don't know exist. 

Especially in this age when more and more people are shopping on line, there will always be a high demand for card board boxes.

That’s why my digital currency of choice is Pudgycoin …. the only digital currency based on corrugated cardboard.

AND it comes in a convenient ten pound box, for easy identification.

So trusted that there are no financial records to see, and one Pudgycoin is ALWAYS worth what we imagine it to be.

Available at the Empire Hancock Building Penthouse Offices, where six diving boards means there is never any wait, and selected Veterinarians, and Pet Supply Stores, in some towns.

Remember “Pudgycoin!, … If Things Get Really Bad, You Can Eat Them!”.

B76EB682-C080-4C51-9761-45CC0D934C6F.jpeg

Of course, Bitcoin is about believing in an irrational fantasy … much like Santa Clause controlling the global economy in the month of December.

Or the true value of U.S. Currency, with a 33 TRILLION DOLLAR NATIONAL DEBT!!

Let's start from the beginning to calculate the length of a string of one hundred dollar bills that would equal 33 trillion dollars.

First, let's find out how many one hundred dollar bills are in 33 trillion dollars:

33 trillion dollars = 33,000,000,000,000 dollars

Number of one hundred dollar bills = 33,000,000,000,000 / 100 = 330,000,000,000, or 3.3 x 10^11 one hundred dollar bills.

Now, let's calculate the length of a single one hundred dollar bill. The dimensions of a U.S. one hundred dollar bill are approximately 2.61 inches in width and 6.14 inches in length.

To convert the length to miles, we'll divide by 63,360 (since there are 63,360 inches in a mile):

Length of a single one hundred dollar bill = 6.14 inches / 63,360 ≈ 0.0000966 miles.

Now, let's find the total length of the string of one hundred dollar bills:

Total length = (3.3 x 10^11 one hundred dollar bills) x (0.0000966 miles per bill)

Total length ≈ 31,878,000 miles.

So, a string of one hundred dollar bills that would equal 33 trillion dollars is approximately 31,878,000 miles long.

The result of the division 31,878,000 miles, divided by 240,000 miles, is 132.825.

240,000 miles is the approximate distance from the Earth to the Moon.

So, the USA National Debt is a line of One Hundred Dollar Bills stretching 132 times PAST the distance from the Earth to the Moon !!!!!

… 

swoon “thunk”.

….

Pudgycoin looking better to you now?

741A8FF0-6E7F-40E2-9723-9D05C394FEF5.jpeg

275BC096-E85D-4F0B-8A1F-53DAEC186438.jpeg

On 9/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, The Librarian said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bethel is starting to allocate some holdings in Bitcoin

Lawyers would have a very hard time tracking assets they don't even know exist

I dunno. The trick would be to persuade them they really are assets and not just the next UN NGO bright idea.