The World News Media

Three Midweek Meeting Treasures From God's Word Talks

John 12.24to28

Treasures From God's Word

(these are some of my favorites talks☺️)

"This has come from Jehovah; 

It is wonderful in our eyes.  

This is the day that Jehovah has made; 

We will be joyful and rejoice in it.  

Jehovah, save us, please, we beg! 

Jehovah, grant us victory, please! 

Blessed is the one who comes in the name of Jehovah; 

We bless you from the house of Jehovah.  

Jehovah is God; 

He gives us light.  

Join in the festival procession with branches in hand, 

Up to the horns of the altar.  

You are my God, and I will praise you; 

My God, I will exalt you.  

Give thanks to Jehovah, for he is good; 

His loyal love endures forever."

Praise Jehovah💖

Midweek Meeting Barraza:Treasures.mp4Midweek Meeting Rodriguez:Treasures.mp4Midweek Meeting Layman:Treasures.mp4

• Views 252
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Treasures From God's Word (these are some of my favorites talks☺️) "This has come from Jehovah;  It is wonderful in our eyes.   This is the day that Jehovah has made;  We will

Posted Images

Jehovah Is A God of Justice, talk transcript

Brother Layman: "Have you endured an injustice? Many have, and without question it is very painful. It's especially so when we're powerless to resolve the injustice on our own. That is why, dear friends, the Bible's portrayal of Jehovah as the God of Justice is so comforting to us.

But what does that mean, "He is the God of Justice"? Well, for one thing, He always does what is right and fair, and without partiality. In fact, it is inconceivable that our God would act otherwise.

In our Treasures From God's Word tonight, we're going to consider a Bible account and a few modern examples that will give us some insight into the justice that Jehovah exercises. Here's two points to look for: the first point, because nothing escapes the notice of Jehovah, He both is aware of and pained by any injustice experienced by His servants; and point two is just as important, He will make sure that justice is served in each and every case. Isn't that reassuring? That's our God, Jehovah.

To reinforce these two certainties, let's look at the account cited in our Meeting Workbook. You'll find it in Second Samuel 21:1,2. So let's set the scene. Do you have it?

It says: "Now there was a famine in the days of David for three consecutive years. So David consulted Jehovah. And Jehovah said, 'There is bloodguilt on Saul and on his house because he put the Gibeonites to death.' So the king called the Gibeonites and spoke to them. (Incidentally, the Gibeonites were not Israelites but Amorites who remained, and the Israelites had sworn to spare them, but Saul sought to strike them down in his zeal for the people of Israel and Judah.)"

So what was the injustice that needed to be addressed? Well, sometime during the reign of King Saul, he turned against the Gibeonites and attempted to wipe them out, and apparently a significant number of them were murdered in cold blood. That was clearly a crime, because in Joshua's day the Israelite chieftains made a covenant with the Gibeonites. And Gibeon never broke that covenant.

So did Jehovah forget or overlook this injustice? No, He did not. In fact, the famine triggered an investigation as to what was the problem. And that investigation uncovered the injustice done to the Gibeonites.

And here's an interesting point: even so, the Gibeonites had to be patient for years before justice would be served. Remember that point.

So how could this long-standing injustice be corrected? Well let's read the next two verses, three and four: "David said to the Gibeonites, 'What should I do for you, and how can I make atonement so that you will bless the inheritance of Jehovah?' The Gibeonites said to him, 'It is not a matter of silver or gold for us in connection with Saul and his household, nor can we put any man to death in Israel.' At that he said, 'Whatever you say, I will do for you.'"

So the Gibeonites clearly understood that material compensation, silver and gold, could not atone for the bloodguilt incurred by Saul and his family. They would have known what was stated clearly in Numbers 35:33 which says, "There may be no atonement for the blood that has been spilled on the land except - except by the blood of the one who spilled it." That was the law on God's books. The Gibeonites knew that. They also knew that they personally had no authority to execute anyone. So what would they do? What did they request?

Five and six is the answer, Second Samuel 21:5,6. "They said to the king, 'The man who exterminated us and schemed to annihilate us from living anywhere in the territory of Israel, let seven of his sons be given to us. We will hang their dead bodies before Jehovah in Gibeah of Saul, the chosen one of Jehovah.' The king then said, 'I will hand them over.'"

So seven of Saul's descendants, two sons and five grandsons, were turned over to the Gibeonites, they were executed. Justice was served. Or was it?

Is that the end of the story? Not for some, because they raise this question: "How were these seven men chosen? If they were chosen arbitrarily just because of being relatives of Saul, would that seem fair and right?" It's an interesting question, isn't it? But before we jump to any conclusions, let's consider two things: what we know about Jehovah himself, and what we know about His laws.

For example, let's start in Deuteronomy 24:16. Here's a clear statement of law. The first part of that verse says: "Children should not be put to death for what their fathers do." How could we apply it to the case of the Gibeonites? The Watchtower said Jehovah would not have approved of what was done to Saul's five sons and two grandsons if they had been innocent. Obviously, they were not. 

The latter part of that verse, verse 16b says, "a person should be put to death only for his own sin." Now how might we apply that part of the verse? Well, it would seem that seven of Saul's descendants, these seven men that died, had a share with Saul in attempting to wipe out the Gibeonites. As a result, the seven paid for their wrongdoing with their own lives.

So the more we learn about Jehovah and His standards, the more we develop trust in His judgments. Now even if a Bible account such as this one raises questions in our mind, we know more than enough about our God and about His laws so that we can always be certain that He is just and fair in all His ways.

But now, what about today? Let's bring it forward to modern times. Let's look at some examples of God's people being treated unfairly. So let's put up on the screen our artwork for our Meeting Workbook. Here we have a cross-section of atrocities, injustices committed, starting with what our brothers and sisters endured in Nazi Germany. And we could move to South Korea on the years that brothers spent in prison because of neutrality. Or the things done in China, for example, to Nancy Yuen, who spent 20 years in and out of Chinese prisons. Or our brothers and sisters in Eritrea, three of them, that you see there, were 26 years unjustly in prison. And how could we forget what's happening in Russia right now as we speak, or particularly what happened to Dennis Christensen - over five years of unjust treatment.

All victims of unjust treatment. All had to wait for justice to be served, just like the Gibeonites.

But what helped them to endure? What will help us when we are victims of injustice? That's the key point.

The answer is found in Romans chapter 12, verses 19 to 21. So open there please. Familiar verses, but let's look at them in this light. It begins in verse 19: "Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath, for it is written: 'Vengeance is mine. I will repay,' says Jehovah. But if your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him something to drink. For by doing this, you will heap fiery coals on his head. Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good."

So what are some of the keys for us when it comes to enduring justice? Well, number one, be confident that in every situation, Jehovah will do what is right. No matter what He allows to happen to us, or how long He allows it to happen, He can completely undo any damage done. We are safe and secure in that knowledge.

When all other means fail to provide justice, what does Jehovah promise? Verse 19: "Vengeance is mine, I will repay." That's His personal guarantee. Take it to the bank!

So if we show a waiting attitude, we'll be just like the Gibeonites and these modern witnesses who never lost confidence in Jehovah. 

And then consider this, how many times have former enemies become servants of Jehovah themselves because of being eyewitnesses of how we dealt with injustice. Countless times. What a silver lining.

So in conclusion, friends, Jehovah the God of Justice has not changed. He is the Judge of all the earth. Absolutely nothing escapes His notice. He hates - He loathes - injustice. He cares deeply for those who are victims of it. He always has and He always will see that justice is served. So knowing everything that we know about Jehovah, what do we conclude? Simply this: if we remain loyal to Jehovah and His sovereignty, He will give us the strength to endure until the appointed time comes when He will correct all injustices under His righteous and just Kingdom rule."

72F559E0-B2C2-40EA-B337-0070220B9DFC.png

91784E89-7859-44FD-A7C9-26DBA09949FF.png