The World News Media

Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon ? Interesting points !

Queen Esther

Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon.jpg

FANS  OF  NATURE !

Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon

1. Boosts you're immune system

Lemons are high in Vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is great for fighting colds and potassium stimulates brain & nerve function and helps control blood pressure.

2. Balances pH

Lemons are an incredibly alkaline food, believe it or not. Yes, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they're alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). As you wellness warriors know, an alkaline body is really the key to good health.

3. Helps with weight loss

Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster. And, my experience is that when I start the day off right, it's easier to make the best choices for myself the rest of the day.

4. Aids digestion

The warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis—thewaves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving. Lemons and limes are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract.

5. Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic

Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.

6. Clears skin

The vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well.

7. Hydrates the lymph system

This cup of goodness helps start the day on a hydrated note, which helps prevent dehydration (obviously) and adrenal fatigue. When your body is dehydrated, or deeply dehydrated (adrenal fatigue) it can't perform all of it's proper functions, which leads to toxic buildup, stress, constipation, and the list goes on. Your adrenals happen to be two small glands that sit on top of your kidneys, and along with your thyroid, create energy. They also secrete important hormones, including aldosterone. Aldosterone is a hormone secreted by your adrenals that regulates water levels and the concentration of minerals, like sodium, in your body, helping you stay hydrated. Your adrenals are also responsible for regulating your stress response. So, the bottom line is that you really don't want to mess with a deep state of dehydration !

CHEERS  FOR  THE  HEALTH  ;o)

• Views 385
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you shred ginger and let steep for about 15 minutes and then strain the juice into the lemon water, you get so many healthy issues. I am not good at the end part, about what it does and all. Oh, an

Posted Images

Guest Sonita

I do it everyday, first thing in the morning, after open my eyes and thank Jehovah for a new day. Usually I add some apple cider vinegar and olive oil to the lemon juice and warm water. :)

Hey....  you're  doing  some  of  the  best  things - wow !  I  also  have  a  good  glass-bottle  with  apple  cider  vinegar  in  my  cooler,  but  forget  it  sometimes  ;-(   h'mm...   Now  its  an  importend  reminder  for  me !  With  oil  into  the  juice,  I  did'nt  know  -  but  I  try  that. Thank  you  ;o)

If you shred ginger and let steep for about 15 minutes and then strain the juice into the lemon water, you get so many healthy issues. I am not good at the end part, about what it does and all. Oh, and if you have high cholesterol or high sugars, add 2tablespoons of cinnamon to the ginger while it is still steeping. Now I can remember hearing how great this was and that, but I didn't pay enough attention. But this drink is very tasty and very good. Some add honey. What do you do to yours?

Hi  Debby,  long  time  nothings  heard  from  you...  I  hope,  you're  feeling  little  besser ?  I  will  try  your  idea  for  a  new  healthy  drink.  Thank  you !  I  change  my  drinks...  not  always  the  same.  On  &  off  a  Smoothie,  when  I've  the  right  fruits, veggies  and  herbs  at  home. I  read  about  cinnamon  too.  The  BEST  I  take  in  the  last  months,  is  *Chia - seeds* !  WOW,  a  little  wonder - remedy....  My  blood - sugar  was  going  down  from  6,9  to  6,5  within  few  weeks !  Look  in  Internet,  so  many  good  things  inside  these  tiny  seeds. I  put  it  in  nature  yoghurt  with  less  honey...  thats  tasty  und  little  crunchy  too.  Tell  me, what  do  you  think  about  Chia, ok ?  You  can  write  per  inbox...  The  best  for  you  and  family  ;o)