The World News Media

Jehovah Personal Name Means: "He Causes To Become", What Does It Mean?

Bible Speaks

WHY IS IT THAT GOD'S PERSONAL NAME "JEHOVAH" MEANS "HE CAUSES TO BECOME? 

Because this definition well fits his role as the Creator of the physical universe and intelligent beings and as the Fulfiller of his purpose.

JEHOVAH
(Je·hoʹvah) [the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Heb. verb ha·wahʹ (become); meaning “He Causes to Become”].

The personal name of God. (Isa 42:8; 54:5) Though Scripturally designated by such descriptive titles as “God,” “Sovereign Lord,” “Creator,” “Father,” “the Almighty,” and “the Most High,” his personality and attributes—who and what he is—are fully summed up and expressed only in this personal name.—Ps 83:18.

Jesus’ own name means “Jehovah Is Salvation.” He stated: “I have come in the name of my Father” (Joh 5:43); he taught his followers to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified” (Mt 6:9); his works, he said, were done “in the name of my Father” (Joh 10:25); and, in prayer on the night of his death, he said he had made his Father’s name manifest to his disciples and asked, “Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name” (Joh 17:6, 11, 12, 26). 

jw.org

IMG_5248.PNG

• Views 8.1k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WHY IS IT THAT GOD'S PERSONAL NAME "JEHOVAH" MEANS "HE CAUSES TO BECOME?  Because this definition well fits his role as the Creator of the physical universe and intelligent beings and as the Fulf

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.