The World News Media

Pray to Jehovah he Give us Help Anytime! ?????

Bible Speaks

Pray to Jehovah he Give us Help Anytime! ???????? 

2 "My help comes from Jehovah, The Maker of heaven and earth."(Psalms 121:2).

An Unfailing Source of Help

The psalmist began by pointing to Jehovah’s creatorship as a basis for confidence: “I shall raise my eyes to the mountains. From where will my help come? My help is from Jehovah, the Maker of heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:1, 2) 

The psalmist did not raise his eyes to just any mountain. When these words were recorded, Jehovah’s temple was situated in Jerusalem. That city, located high in the mountains of Judah, was Jehovah’s figurative place of dwelling. (Psalm 135:21) 

The psalmist may have raised his eyes to the mountains of Jerusalem on which Jehovah’s temple was built, confidently looking to Jehovah for help. 

Why was the psalmist so sure that Jehovah could help him? Because He is “the Maker of heaven and earth.” In effect, the psalmist was saying, ‘Surely there is nothing that can prevent the all-powerful Creator from helping me!’—Isaiah 40:26.

Indeed, the writer of Psalm 121 was confident that the almighty Creator watches over his servants with the gentleness of a caring shepherd and the vigilance of an alert guard. We have every reason to share the psalmist’s confidence, for Jehovah does not change. (Malachi 3:6) 

Does this mean that we will always receive physical protection? No, but as long as we look to him as our Helper, he will safeguard us against all things that could bring us spiritual harm. 

In what ways did Jehovah provide help—

• by means of the angels?

• through his holy spirit?

• with his inspired Word?

• through fellow believers?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2004923?q=ps+121%3A2&p=par#h=11

IMG_5917.JPG

• Views 933
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pray to Jehovah he Give us Help Anytime! ????????  2 "My help comes from Jehovah, The Maker of heaven and earth."(Psalms 121:2). An Unfailing Source of Help The psalmist began by pointi

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.