The World News Media

MY PARENTS SPANKED ME AS A CHILD ~ WHAT DID I LEARN? RESPECT FOR OTHERS!

Bible Speaks

No JOKE HERE! - History can not be rewritten only what we do to others. As Christians we learn that teaching and discipline is not in the spanking but in instruction and guidance.

I was spanked but learned much from it, my Father was an Elder and thought it Ok, Jehovah has taught us what and how to do it. Be wise my son and make my father rejoice.

My four children have done well, two Elders, Bethelites and Pioneers. Teaching and instruction is how we show love. For the scripture says, what father that does not love show discipline?

Yes Godly Wisdom is the key ?

“Look for Him With Discipline”

Imperfect people need discipline, and they need it from childhood onward. “The one holding back his rod is hating his son,” says the king of Israel, “but the one loving him is he that does look for him with discipline.”—Proverbs 13:24.

A rod is a symbol of authority. At Proverbs 13:24, it refers to parental authority. In this context, employing the rod of discipline does not necessarily mean spanking a child. Rather, it represents the means of correction, whatever form it may take. In one case, a rebuke kindly given to a child may be sufficient to correct improper behavior. Another child may require a stronger reproof. “A rebuke works deeper in one having understanding than striking a stupid one a hundred times,” says Proverbs 17:10.

Parental discipline should always be directed by love and wisdom for the benefit of children. A loving parent does not overlook his child’s faults. On the contrary, he looks for them so that they can be removed before they become too deeply rooted. Of course, a loving parent takes to heart Paul’s admonition: “Fathers, do not be irritating your children, but go on bringing them up in the discipline and mental-regulating of Jehovah.”—Ephesians 6:4.

JW.Org

95039D7F-AE7E-4484-8D9F-897A7E25BD1F.jpeg

• Views 610
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No JOKE HERE! - History can not be rewritten only what we do to others. As Christians we learn that teaching and discipline is not in the spanking but in instruction and guidance. I was spanked b

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.