The World News Media

Do you belive Jesus?

Kosonen

Faith in Jesus is what Jehovah God wants. God's word contrasts that with putting faith in men. Psalms 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation. 

John 3:16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son,+ so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.+ 17  For God did not send his Son into the world for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him.+ 18 Whoever exercises faith in him is not to be judged.+ Whoever does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God…...35 The Father loves the Son+ and has given all things into his hand.+ 36  The one who exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life;+ the one who disobeys the Son will not see life,+ but the wrath of God remains upon him.

John 6:28  So they said to him: “What must we do to carry out the works of God?” 29  In answer Jesus said to them: “This is the work of God, that you exercise faith in the one whom he sent.”.....40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who recognizes the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life,+ and I will resurrect+ him on the last day.”

John 12:44 However, Jesus called out and said: “Whoever puts faith in me puts faith not only in me but also in him who sent me;+ 45  and whoever sees me sees also the One who sent me.+ 46 I have come as a light into the world,+ so that everyone putting faith in me may not remain in the darkness.+ 47  But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world.+ 48 Whoever disregards me and does not receive my sayings has one to judge him. The word that I have spoken is what will judge him on the last day. 49  For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. 50 And I know that his commandment means everlasting life.+ So whatever I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me.

Matthew 11:6 Happy is the one who finds no cause for stumbling in me.”

1 Thessalonians 1:3 for we continually remember your faithful work, your loving labor, and your endurance because of your hope+ in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father.

Colossians 1:3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4  since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love you have for all the holy ones.

Colossians 2:5 Though I am absent in body, I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order+ and the firmness of your faith in Christ.+

6  Therefore, just as you have accepted Christ Jesus the Lord, go on walking in union with him, 7  being rooted and built up in him+ and being stabilized in the faith,+ just as you were taught, and overflowing with thanksgiving.+

Philippians 3: 3 For we are those with the real circumcision,+ we who are rendering sacred service by God’s spirit and boasting in Christ Jesus+ and who do not base our confidence in the flesh.

Philippians 3:8 What is more, I do indeed also consider all things to be loss on account of the excelling value of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have taken the loss of all things and I consider them as a lot of refuse,* that I may gain Christ 9  and be found in union with him, not because of my own righteousness from following the Law, but because of the righteousness that is through faith+ in Christ,+ the righteousness from God based on faith.

Philippians 4:1 Consequently, my brothers whom I love and long for, my joy and crown,+ stand firm+ in this way in the Lord, my beloved ones. 

Hebrews 1:1 Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways.+ 2  Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son,

And Jesus asked: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Matthew 24:45.

First of all, this is a question. And of course a faithful slave should not distort Jesus' sayings or ignore any of his sayings. And we would be wise to check with the Holy Scriptures if a slave claiming to be a discreet and faithful slave really teaches what Jesus taught.

• Views 271
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Faith in Jesus is what Jehovah God wants. God's word contrasts that with putting faith in men. Psalms 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.  Joh

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.