"Those days will                   be cut short."—Matt. 24:22. NWT
         jw.org

Cutting short the days.      

Our King revealed what

will occur at this point 

during the great tribulation. 

Jesus stated:

“On account of the chosen ones those days will

be cut short.” (Read Matthew 24:21, 22.)

Jesus’ words were fulfilled on a small scale in 66 C.E. when Jehovah “cut short”.  the Roman army’s attack on Jerusalem. (Mark 13:20)

That action allowed Christians in Jerusalem and Judea to be saved. What will then happen on a global scale during the coming great tribulation?

Jehovah, by means of our King, will “cut short” the United Nations’ attack on religion so that the true religion will not be destroyed with the false. Thus, while all false religious organizations will be torn down, the one true religion will survive. (Ps. 96:5).

asset.gif

IMG_8227.mov

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Those days will                   be cut short."—Matt. 24:22. NWT          jw.org   Cutting short the days.         Our King revealed what  will occur at this point  d

Interestingly according to Josephus and other first Century historians the primary reason the Roman Armies came into Jerusalem and its temple was because of groups of religious extremists that they we

Also in the Biblical Archeology Review article from 1999 #24 says about the history of "Terrorism" says : One of the very first terrorist grousp was the Sicarii (66–73 CE), a Zealot-aff

Posted Images

Interestingly according to Josephus and other first Century historians the primary reason the Roman Armies came into Jerusalem and its temple was because of groups of religious extremists that they were pursuing. The extremist went to the temple thinking that was a sanctuary or safe place that the Romans would dare not enter. However the Romans were fed - up with all the violence [sedition] and attacked the temple. The extremist said no way and actually started the fires that led to its ultimate destruction - the Romans never intended to destroy the Temple as they wanted it for themselves of course. And most of the Jews were law abiding religious people who were just minding themselves but were "caught in" the place of destruction { except the Jewish Christians who obeyed Jesus words and left}. Notice any similarities today especially since 911?

No wonder the Bible says "get out of her my people". Notice also the "legal" reasons why a nation or nations [democracies] that have laws as did the Romans to not interfere in religions can easily be changed?

1 hour ago, bruceq said:

Interestingly according to Josephus and other first Century historians the primary reason the Roman Armies came into Jerusalem and its temple was because of groups of religious extremists that they were pursuing. The extremist went to the temple thinking that was a sanctuary or safe place that the Romans would dare not enter. However the Romans were fed - up with all the violence [sedition] and attacked the temple. The extremist said no way and actually started the fires that led to its ultimate destruction - the Romans never intended to destroy the Temple as they wanted it for themselves of course. And most of the Jews were law abiding religious people who were just minding themselves but were "caught in" the place of destruction { except the Jewish Christians who obeyed Jesus words and left}. Notice any similarities today especially since 911?

No wonder the Bible says "get out of her my people". Notice also the "legal" reasons why a nation or nations [democracies] that have laws as did the Romans to not interfere in religions can easily be changed?

Bruceq: May it happens soon in Jehovah's perfect timing! The Armies in Heaven and already on their horses ? ready to march at command! Thank you for your thoughts. 

Bible Speaks, ???

3 hours ago, bruceq said:

Also in the Biblical Archeology Review article from 1999 #24 says about the history of "Terrorism" says :

One of the very first terrorist grousp was the

Sicarii

(66–73 CE), a Zealot-affiliated religious sect fighting against Roman occupiers in Palestine and Jerusalem (the City of David), Jewish traitors, and Jewish moderates who had sold their souls to Hellenistic influences. The Sicarii opposed the law that Jews pay taxes to Rome and refused to acknowledge the power of the Roman Emperor (Vitellius). They were persuaded that political change could come only through violent acts. Hence, they adopted terrorism as their tactic.

For example, after investigating a target’s routine every day, hiding nearby a temple’s entrance, they knew the perfect time to cut the target’s throat. In fact,

sica

(the first four letters of the group’s name)means “short sword.” The Sicarii’s most fundamental justification was that all means were legitimate to achieve political and religious liberation. They wanted to show the world who they were, but eventually the terrorists lost and committed mass suicide in Masada in 73CE, which coincides with the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem by Titus (the Emperor’s son

Notice the date 66 C.E. as to when this terrorist group came about as historians have stated was also the reason for the attack on Jerusalem !!!

Religious terrorism sparked the Great Tribulation in the First Century in 66 CE and it now appears over the past few years that religious terrorism may also spark the modern day Great Tribulation. "War on Terror". For more info see the United Nations web site and search under religious extremist and how to eliminate them ! Interestingly Russia seems to have its own interpretation of who are "extremist" and targeting particularly Jehovah's Witnesses according to "Russia Religion News" site. {Also of interest is that the King of the North [coalition of nations] are in the forefront of destroying Babylon the Great - not implying who that "King" is but world events are changing very rapidly.

On 3/3/2017 at 0:30 PM, bruceq said:

Also in the Biblical Archeology Review article from 1999 #24 says about the history of "Terrorism" says :

Sicarii

(66–73 CE), a Zealot-affiliated religious sect fighting against Roman occupiers in Palestine and Jerusalem (the City of David), Jewish traitors, and Jewish moderates who had sold their souls to Hellenistic influences. The Sicarii opposed the law that Jews pay taxes to Rome and refused to acknowledge the power of the Roman Emperor (Vitellius). They were persuaded that political change could come only through violent acts. Hence, they adopted terrorism as their tactic.

For example, after investigating a target’s routine every day, hiding nearby a temple’s entrance, they knew the perfect time to cut the target’s throat. In fact,

sica

(the first four letters of the group’s name)means “short sword.” The Sicarii’s most fundamental justification was that all means were legitimate to achieve political and religious liberation. They wanted to show the world who they were, but eventually the terrorists lost and committed mass suicide in Masada in 73CE, which coincides with the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem by Titus (the Emperor’s son

Notice the date 66 C.E. as to when this terrorist group came about as historians have stated was also the reason for the attack on Jerusalem !!!

Religious terrorism sparked the Great Tribulation in the First Century in 66 CE and it now appears over the past few years that religious terrorism may also spark the modern day Great Tribulation. "War on Terror". For more info see the United Nations web site and search under religious extremist and how to eliminate them ! Interestingly Russia seems to have its own interpretation of who are "extremist" and targeting particularly Jehovah's Witnesses according to "Russia Religion News" site. {Also of interest is that the King of the North [coalition of nations] are in the forefront of destroying Babylon the Great - not implying who that "King" is but world events are changing very rapidly.

Let God's Kingdom come! (Matthew 6:9,10)

On 3/3/2017 at 0:30 PM, bruceq said:

Sicarii

(66–73 CE), a Zealot-affiliated religious sect fighting against Roman occupiers in Palestine and Jerusalem (the City of David), Jewish traitors, and Jewish moderates . . .

I've read that a version of a Hebrew-Aramaic plural of Sicarii could be si-cari-ot or ish-cari-ot. (plural of masculine nouns end in -im; plural of feminine nouns end in -ot or -iot). This could indicate that Judas Iscariot was once a sicarii, just as Simon the Zealot (or zealous one) may have once been one of the terrorist "Zealots," their common name in Judea and Galilee.

Even names like "Boanerges" or "Sons of Thunder" could have had roots in prior terrorist activities. A comment in a Google look-up of "boanerges"  referring to James and John the sons of Zebedee in Mark 3:17 says:

from Galilean dialectal corruption of Hebrew bene reghesh "sons of rage" (interpreted in Greek as "sons of thunder")