The World News Media

"YOU ARE MY WITNESSES...THAT I HAVE CHOSEN."

Bible Speaks

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none."11 "I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.” (Isaiah43:10,11)

Honor Jehovah’s Great Name

“I will glorify your name to time indefinite.”—PS. 86:12.

BY AND LARGE, Christendom’s churches have distanced themselves from God’s name. For example, the Revised Standard Version states in its preface: “The use of any proper name for the one and only God . . . is entirely inappropriate for the universal faith of the Christian Church.”

Jehovah’s Witnesses, on the other hand, are proud to bear God’s name and to glorify it.

To know God’s name involves much more than merely being acquainted with the word “Jehovah.” It includes knowing Jehovah’s reputation, as well as his qualities, purpose, and activities as revealed in the Bible, such as his dealings with his servants. 

Of course, Jehovah grants this insight progressively, according to the outworking of his purpose. (Prov. 4:18

Jehovah revealed his name to the first human pair; thus, Eve used it after giving birth to Cain. (Gen. 4:1

The faithful patriarchs Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob knew God’s name. Moreover, their appreciation for it grew as Jehovah blessed them, cared for them, and revealed aspects of his purpose to them. Moses was granted special insight into God’s name.

Likewise today, Jehovah is ‘proving to be.’ By means of his Son, he foretold that during the last days, the Kingdom message would be preached “in all the inhabited earth.” (Matt. 24:14

Who else but God Almighty could foretell such a work, see that it is done, and use many “unlettered and ordinary” people to accomplish it? (Acts 4:13

Hence, when we share in this work, we actually share in the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. We honor our Father and show that we really mean it when we pray: “Let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.”—Matt. 6:9, 10.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013206?q=isa43%3A10%2C11&p=par

2 pictures 1 moving and 1 GIF

IMG_3337.MP4

asset.gif

• Views 1.6k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And afte

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.