• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I  don't  know  someone  there,  hahaha 

Posted Images

When I used to go through Babylonian border control in my wooden cart, many years ago, I carried many trade items, and the "mail",  messages written on clay tablets with a wood backing and a wood frame around them.  They were erasable, with water, and re-usable, and were written on in cuneiform, with a flat stick that rotated to make each symbol.

The Babylonian soldiers would take them out, and read each one, to see that there were no subversive messages or messages of any obvious military value.   Then, with an appropriate bribe, I could pass through to trade with outsiders.  The same thing happened when I came back through "customs" on my return trip.

There never were, because the death penalty was the only punishment, and it was carried out right then and there.

It's a good thing they never looked under the clay at the ink on the wood.

*coff*

In the South, we call these stories "Tall Tales"

Later, I sold about 2 thousand wood "envelopes" on Craig's List.

1. All blue eyed people can be traced back to one person who lived near the Black Sea almost 10,000 years ago.
main-qimg-e66e88c2fc975691a03eafeadcb74a44-c.jpeg

That person had a genetic mutation which gave them blue eyes.