The World News Media

Recruiting Agencies

admin

If you are looking for a job do not contact a recruiting agency.

What they’ll do is drag you in for an “interview.” Then make you an “MPC” — most placeable candidate— and literally try to sell you as a commodity with a huge fee tacked on your back. This makes it much more expensive to hire you.

If a company actually expresses interest in hiring you they’ll throw as many candidates “like you” into the mix to compete with you so they can get a hire (commission). This screws you, the candidate, in so many ways.

Job hunting? Contact an internal recruiter at the company you want to work for. They can tell you if you’re qualified.

Big external recruiting firms require that their recruiters have upwards of 10 of these fake “MPC” interviews a week in hopes that they might sell you or someone like you for a huge fee somewhere. It's deceptive and despicable. Recruiting agencies should only be used when they contact you for an actual open job that is interviewing.

That’s what they are supposed to be doing.

• Views 396
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are looking for a job do not contact a recruiting agency. What they’ll do is drag you in for an “interview.” Then make you an “MPC” — most placeable candidate— and literally try to sell y

I used to work as a Recruiter for Craig Employment Agency in Los Angeles part of 1969, and found that to be true. Years later, I would call and find out about a job, get as much information as I

I used to work as a Recruiter for Craig Employment Agency in Los Angeles part of 1969, and found that to be true.

Years later, I would call and find out about a job, get as much information as I could, and research it in professional magazines.  

I even applied BY MAIL for a Job from Atlanta Georgia in Kananga, Zaire, AND GOT THE JOB!, WITHOUT AN iNTERVIEW OF ANY KIND.   Somebody sent somebody a message "Hire Him".

No longer is a cover letter required. and I have gotten many a job by finding out who in a company is the head of what I do, and his fax number ... and faxing him DIRECTLY a resume.   I would also fax one to "Human Resources", and call and tell the head guy what I did.

Many a time, he would walk into HR and TELL them to hire me ... and that they ALREADY had my resume. It helps HR to "save face" if the paperwork is already in their hands.

Later on everything switched to email, and I WOULD send a generic cover letter with attached resume.

I would often send out a thousand resumes at a time from  a purchased database , over two days, as back then email limits were very, very low.

For over 40 years I never had to go in for a personal interview, or if I did, it was at THEIR expense, and merely a formality.

SOMEBODY, right now, wants to hire YOU!

Adapt and Improvise!