The World News Media

Big Headed Caterpillar is it Real? ~?????

Bible Speaks

Big Headed Caterpillar is it Real? ~

?????
Take a look at this photo. I thought it looked like something right out of a Disney Pixar movie or something. Why would a caterpillar need a head that large? (Hey, I bet it would work great as a fish lure!!)

Anyway, despite my misgivings, it turns out this animal is real! It’s called a “Big Headed Caterpillar of Phyllodes imperialis”.

IÂ’m afraid to ask what that is going to grow into!

Turns out Phyllodes imperialis is a group of fruit sucking moths, and this is one of them in its caterpillar stage. Native to Australia (northern Queensland), Papua New Guinea, and the Solomon Islands, these feisty bugs present a formidable demeanor when bothered by animals hunting for food. It draws itself up and stretches its skin until it looks like a large animal with two blue-black eyes and several rows of teeth between them. HereÂ’s a closer shot of that:

When the time comes, this caterpillar spins itself into a cocoon, and undergoes its metamorphosis into the Fruit Sucking Moth itÂ’s destined to be.

Not much is known about these caterpillars/moths as they live in dense rainforests in the areas mentioned and havenÂ’t been studied to the extent that scientists would like.

?????

http://visitcryptoville.com/2012/10/12/big-headed-caterpillar-real-or-hoaxed/

Some Of Creation is Funny! Thank you Jehovah you have made Miracles that Amaze Us! ~ ???

774F4A0D-77B8-4B0B-A062-80C3E47578F7.jpeg

7DC3A427-464C-4CEF-850A-C3D8230738C5.jpeg

• Views 417
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Headed Caterpillar is it Real? ~ ????? Take a look at this photo. I thought it looked like something right out of a Disney Pixar movie or something. Why would a caterpillar need a head that

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.