The World News Media

He Literally Stole the Illustration

TrueTomHarley

Every Witness has heard the one about the 40 different writers, from wildly diverse backgrouds...some kings, and some day laborers....over a period of some 2000 years. What are the chances that they will write a coherent book? And yet the 40 that are Bible writers have done so, steadily advancing the theme of God's kingdom arrangment developing.

The speaker Sunday followed up with a comparison I have not heard before. It was that of 45 United States Presidents, all cut from basically the same cloth, over a far shorter period of time. Yet, would anyone say that they advance the same vision? Just ask Obama and then Trump.

The speaker also flashed a $20 bill on the overhead screen. The point was that it contained telltale signs, and that if one put a few minutes into the effort, one could tell whether it was counterfeit or not. He likened it to similar signs that the Bible is authentic.

The $20 was used early in his talk...in the introduction. The speaker thanked the chairman for leaving it in place on the speaker stand when introducing the talk. Apparently, another chairman had removed it, thinking it some inadvertant leftover from another activity. (thinking it was a tip, the speaker said 1f642.png ) Thus the chairman had, quite literally, stolen the speaker's illustration.

1200px-US_$20_Series_2006_Obverse.jpg

• Views 264
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Years ago, I went to the funeral of a much beloved elderly Brother,  with several friends. Steve got the idea that just before the casket was closed, we each could "pay our last respects" (litera

Posted Images

Years ago, I went to the funeral of a much beloved elderly Brother,  with several friends.

Steve got the idea that just before the casket was closed, we each could "pay our last respects" (literally) by each of the four of us putting a hundred dollars into the coffin. 

I was embarrassed because I only had six dollars ... so I got in line last.

Steve goes up and puts a hundred dollars in the dead Brother's suit coat pocket.

Sydney goes up and puts a hundred dollars in his suit coat pocket.

Alan goes up and puts a hundred dollars in his suit coat pocket.

Now it was my turn.

Just before they closed the lid,

I went up and removed the three hundred dollars, and replaced it with my $400 personal check.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.