Carmen Erwin

• Views 1k
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, I’ve thought a lot about the substance of not only your question, Carmen, but also your answer, Shiwiii.   Why would Jesus, who washed the feet of his disciples be so untouchable to all of u

Will Jesus teach to groups of people the same that he did while he was preaching on the earth, again in the paradise? Or should we expect not to talk to Jesus personally? ==== It is my perso

Will Jesus teach to groups of people the same that he did while he was preaching on the earth, again in the paradise? Or should we expect not to talk to Jesus personally? 

You know, I’ve thought a lot about the substance of not only your question, Carmen, but also your answer, Shiwiii.   Why would Jesus, who washed the feet of his disciples be so untouchable to all of us once ascending to heaven?  He appeared to the disciples after his resurrection, eating with them and teaching, so why would this closeness have to end with his resurrection? 

“Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going back to God,  rose from supper. He laid aside his outer garments, and taking a towel, tied it around his waist. Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

"When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.”  John 13:3-5,12,13,16

Will we see Christ again, even speak to him?  And can we pray to him today?

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.”

And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,“Let all God's angels worship him.”  Heb 1:2,6

It’s pretty clear here that Jesus will return to earth and with him the Bride – 144,000. 

John 1:51 - And he said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.” 

If we look at Heb 1:6 again, worshipping him are the same angels ascending and descending on the Son of Man – his Bride (144,000).  Angels are messengers, the chosen are the priesthood and messengers as well, according to Mal 2:7 (Rev 1:20) 1 Pet 2:5

The restoration of the earth and mankind connect in their meaning with Ps 37:11,29 and Acts 3:20,21 which says:

“ that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus,  whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago."  Acts 3:20,21

If Jesus was seen “in the flesh” after his resurrection, there is no reason why he wouldn’t be seen again in such a manner.  1 Cor 15:6  He is the firstborn of the “new creation”, both spirit and flesh with the 144,000 to follow in suit.  The 144,000 are assured by God, that they will obtain the same "likeness" as the resurrected Christ. Rom 6:5  (John 1:14; Col 2:9; 1:19)

Eph 2:21,22 - " in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.  In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit."

God is within Christ and within the 144,000. This is why Christ said,

“nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you. Luke 17:21

"And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."  Rev 21:2

From that “holy city”which is composed of the Bride and her Husband, Jesus, and where God dwells within them, comes sustenance provided through Christ and through the 144,000 for mankind on earth.  They are present on the earth as “New Jerusalem”.

“ through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”  Rev 22:2

But can we pray to Jesus now?  I have thought long and hard about this wondering why it couldn’t be.  The Watchtower says no, but as far as I know there is no scriptural validation to this doctrine.  What I have found is interesting. 

We have this example that Paul prayed to Jesus:

“ So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 

To verify that the one speaking to him is Christ, it goes on to say:

“Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”  2 Cor 12:7-10

We also find in many translations that John 14:12-14 reads similar to this:

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.  Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Is inserting "me" here accurate?  The RNWT translates verse 13,14 as:

“Also, whatever you ask in my name, I will do this, so that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. “

Now, going to the Watchtower Kingdom Greek Interlinear we find that John 14:14 word for word reads:

“if ever anything you should ask ME in the name of me this I shall do”.  In the translation from Greek to English they have removed the word “me” after “ask”. 

Not only is Paul's example proof that we can pray to Jesus, but it is clear that we can ask Christ in prayer for guidance through this Greek translation put out by the Watchtower itself.  

“Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.”  John 16:24

How can we respond to Christ’s call of “come to me” if we cannot speak to him?    Matt 11:28; Luke 18:16

John 5:39,40 – “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,  yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.”

If we strive to have an intimate relationship with God, would this not include a similar relationship with his Son who pleads for us to come to him?  Isn’t this what God wants us to do?  Matt 17:5

I agree Shiwii, and knowing that the scriptures give credence to our praying to Jesus, we can then freely give him that honor, as well as worship, that he deserves. I believe by withdrawing ourselves from this privilege to pray to not only the Father, but his Son also, we cannot truly comprehend the glory and honor of the Anointed One.

"All things were made through him, and without him nothing was made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."  1 John 1:3-5

Will Jesus teach to groups of people the same that he did while he was preaching on the earth, again in the paradise? Or should we expect not to talk to Jesus personally?

====

It is my personal belief that when we are restored to perfection we will receive communication directly from Jehovah God as did Adam and Eve when they were perfect. See scripture quoted.

"(Genesis 3:8, 9) Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden. 9 And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: “Where are you?”

Right now we talk to Jehovah God through his Son, the Mediator between God and mankind, Jesus Christ. It is also reasonable that we would hear from Jesus, our Eternal Father, who has always loved mankind (Proverbs 8: 31), who loves us very much now and will continue to do so in the future. (Hebrews 13:8). However, as to seeing Jehovah, it is not possible to do so and live. (Exodus 33:20) But he added: “You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.” 

As for Jesus, after his return to heaven he was given a higher name, immortal life and is now living in unapproachable light. He won't be returning to the earth, but that won't stop him from paying attention to us.  He is doing so even now, but will do it more fully in the new system, and will be ably assisted by the 144,000 who have been taken from the earth. The little flock of 144,000 will see him and his Father  in person but those on earth will not, but they will feel the effects of the loving rule, as we are now feeling his guidance in the Christian congregation and his presence with us in the preaching work. He promised to be with us until the conclusion of the system of things. (Matt 28:19,20

(John 14:19) 19 In a little while the world will see me no more, but you will see me, because I live and you will live."  (They will be resurrected to heavenly life)

See commentary on John 14:19 from Insight on Scriptures.

*** it-1 p. 790 Eye ***

So, too, in view of the fact that Jesus said ‘the world would behold him no more’ (Joh 14:19), the statement at Revelation 1:7: “Every eye will see him [Jesus Christ],” must have reference, not to the literal eye, but, rather, to the effect upon the mind of human observers of the evidences that they can see with their literal eyes when he goes forth to destroy his enemies. The Bible plainly indicates, however, that those whom God calls to heavenly life with Christ will literally see God, which requires for them resurrection in a heavenly spiritual body.—1Pe 1:4; 1Co 15:50-54; compare 1Pe 3:18.  End quote.

Jesus converted Saul personally although he had given the work to Christians to do. The effect on Saul is that he was blinded by the bright light after Jesus spoke to him.

"(Acts 9:3-9) 3 Now as he was traveling and getting near Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him, 4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him: “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 He asked: “Who are you, Lord?” He said: “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.” 7 Now the men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing, indeed, the sound of a voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul then got up from the ground, and though his eyes were open, he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And for three days he did not see anything, and he neither ate nor drank."

The following scripture speaks of Jesus dwelling in unapproachable light since his resurrection.

(1 Timothy 6:15, 16)... which the happy and only Potentate will show in its own appointed times. He is the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, 16 the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal might. Amen."    (This scripture refers to Jesus and not Jehovah.  It says clearly he is King of those who rule as kings (it compares him to earthly kings compared to whom he is vastly superior.)

It is clear that Jehovah God, the Almighty and Jesus Christ, the Messianic King, have no problem communicating with human creatures here on earth. Jehovah also spoke to Abraham, Moses, Job, and many other faithful servants extensively and intimately as recorded in his Word.  So we know His capability already,  but his attention will be turned to his people fully in the new system as Revelation 21:3-5 shows.

. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” 5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”

He doesn't have to come down here to be with his people.  (2 Chronicles 2:6) . .  For the heaven of the heavens cannot contain him, . .."    far less the earth.  He will be with his people in spirit and paying attention to their needs and requests and their prayers will be answered even before they say them.

(Isaiah 65:17) For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be called to mind, Nor will they come up into the heart.

(Isaiah 65:24) Even before they call out, I will answer; While they are yet speaking, I will hear.

22 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Right now we talk to Jehovah God through his Son, the Mediator between God and mankind, Jesus Christ.

So you must be of the anointed? Doesn't the watchtower say that Jesus is only the mediator for the 144,000?

emphasis mine:

"The new covenant includes 144,000 anointed ones. They make up a new nation that is called “the Israel of God,” or  spiritual Israel.—Galatians 6:16;Revelation 14:1, 4.

12. How do the Law covenant and the new covenant compare?

12 How do the Law covenant and the new covenant compare? The Law covenant was between Jehovah and the nation of Israel, and the new covenant is between Jehovah and spiritual Israel. Moses was the mediator of the Law covenant, and Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant."

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/ws201410/a-kingdom-of-priests/#?insight[search_id]=e7002f2b-0d7b-4d45-a877-6963766dfd7c&insight[search_result_index]=0

"While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant" Insight Vol 2 pg 362

You don't actually talk to Jesus, you just end your prayer with His name....right? 

Thanks for your interest.  Don't you pray?

(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

(1 Timothy 2:1-7) . . .First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high positions, so that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with complete godly devotion and seriousness. 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time. 7 For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.

*** w83 4/1 p. 19 An Apostle’s Stand Against Apostasy ***

If sin and apostasy are the dark thread running through John’s letter, genuine love is a string of pearls that covers it. Even though his letter carries a somber warning, it is nevertheless clearly illuminated by three recurring themes—love, light and life. John is saying, ‘Avoid the liars, the antichrists, the brothers. Cast off darkness, walk in the light. Reject hatred and practice love. Resist sin, knowing that if you do commit a sin you have a helper or advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ.’ Yes, “this is the witness given, that God gave us everlasting life, and this life is in his Son.”—1 John 5:11; 2:1, 2.

We talk to God in prayer; we have a helper or an advocate with the Father, Christ.

Before the new covenant was established, God's servants talked to him in prayer, e.g. Abraham, Moses, David, Job, and all the rest. Their sins were forgiven through the ransom even though it was not paid as yet.

(Romans 3:23-26) 23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as an offering for propitiation through faith in his blood. This was to demonstrate his own righteousness, because God in his forbearance was forgiving the sins that occurred in the past. 26 This was to demonstrate his own righteousness in this present season, so that he might be righteous even when declaring righteous the man who has faith in Jesus.

Hope this helps.

15 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Thanks for your interest.  Don't you pray?

Why yes I do.  So you don't know if you are anointed and you don't know who it is your even praying to.Tacking on Jesus name at the end of your prayer isn't speaking to Him as you suggest. 

15 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

We talk to God in prayer; we have a helper or an advocate with the Father, Christ.

The helper is the Holy Spirit according to Jesus. 

John 14:16&17

" 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you."

Jesus is our mediator as the Bible teaches us, just as you quoted 1 Timothy 2:5, but the watchtower says otherwise to its followers. You do know this, right? If you are not of the 144k, then Jesus is NOT your mediator according to the society. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.