The World News Media

Snooze over Spirit : (Hebrews 10:24-25) by Tie Bros Illustrations

Guest Indiana

Guest Indiana

Imagine if a Christian in the first century planned to gather with their brothers and sisters that day on Pentecost 33 C.E. but decided last minute not to go because they were a bit tired. On that day, the group that gathered was unexpectedly filled with Holy Spirit and they began to speak other languages. No doubt, if someone planned to be there but decided to miss it for something trivial, they would have regretted not being there for that momentous occasion. (Acts 2:1-6) Today’s text reminds us that our meetings are also very important. If we develop a habit of skipping meetings for minor reasons, we very well could be missing out on something important that we need. I know personally after work I am tired and sometimes want to stay home. Sometimes I’ll say, “Ok I’ll go but I’m leaving right after it is finished.” Then I end up being the last person there every time lol. It’s not always easy to go but it is always worth it. 🏥Note: This is not meant to be critical of those with serious health problems or other circumstances that may make it difficult or impossible to make it to all the meetings. Jehovah knows what each of us is able to do (and unable to do) and appreciates our efforts!

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 5.22.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 5.22.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 5.22.43 PM.png

• Views 776
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.