The World News Media

If You Invested $1,000 In Bitcoin, Dogecoin And Ethereum At The Start Of 2021, Here's How Much You'd Have Today

Mic Drop

To The Moon Dancing GIF by ElrondNetwork

The year 2021 could go down as the year of many things, including another year that cryptocurrency became more of a mainstream topic and investment.

As cryptocurrencies became more talked about, many also gained in value in 2021, including three of the most popular names.

Here’s a look at how Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Ethereum performed in 2021.

What Happened: 

Bitcoin BTC gained throughout the year and was added to the balance sheet of Tesla Inc ,Block Inc and other publicly traded companies in 2021.

Dogecoin DOGE was one of the most searched for cryptocurrencies in 2021 and exploded in value thanks to popular names like Elon Musk and Mark Cuban publicly supporting the “meme crypto.”

Ethereum ETH gained in popularity and usage with the rising trend of non-fungible tokens, with many utilizing the Ethereum blockchain.

Investing $1,000 in BTC, DOGE, ETH: A $1,000 investment in each of the three most popular cryptocurrencies would have proven to be a winning trade in 2021. Here’s a look at how a hypothetical investment ended in 2021 for each of the three mentioned cryptocurrencies.

Bitcoin traded at a high of $29,600.62 on Jan. 1, 2021. A $1,000 investment in Bitcoin on the first day of the year could have bought 0.0338 BTC. Bitcoin ended 2021 at a price of $46,306.45. The $1,000 investment ended 2021 worth $1,565.16.

Dogecoin traded at a high of $0.005685 on Jan. 1, 2021. A $1,000 investment in Dogecoin on the first day of the year could have bought 175,901 DOGE. Dogecoin ended 2021 at a price of $0.1705. The $1,000 investment ended 2021 worth $29,991.12.

Ethereum traded at a high of $749.20 on Jan. 1, 2021. A $1,000 investment in Ethereum on the first day of the year could have bought 1.3348 ETH. Ethereum ended 2021 at a price of $3,682.63. The $1,000 investment ended 2021 worth $4,915.57.

Investing $1,000 in each of the three coins on Jan. 1 would have ended 2021 at a valuation of $36,471.85.

Price Action: The 52-week ranges of the three cryptocurrencies in 2021 were as followed:

BTC: $28,722.76 to $68,789.63

DOGE: $0.005584 to $0.7376

ETH: $718.11 to $4,891.70

• Views 484
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as we are only talking about VALUATION, and not actual money that can be spent on goods and services, I might note that PudgyCoin, (PGC) whose major investments involve buying corrugated cardboard and hosing it down and reselling it (by weight), has according to the founder's estimation increased more than all the others put together.

If you had invested $3,000 in PGC on January 1, 2021, by the end of December 2021, it would be worth a whole damn potload of money!

YessireeBob!

I am not sure how much that is as everything is done on the honor system, investments are permanent, and no records are kept.

I would go more into it, but until a Cryptocurrency is redeemed for real goods and services, or U.S. Dollars, it is a sunk investment having no value whatsoever ... exists in the imagination of the trader, and the pilot of my Lear Jet has just advised me to fasten my seat belt, as we are about to land on my Super-Yacht.

"PUDGYCOIN - The Digital Currency of the incredibly rich who can't tell the difference!" (tm)

We offer FULLY authenticated fungible tokens laser inscribed with my paw print, and the Latin word "TUIT", for those that need to get a round tuit.

blockchain.jpg