The World News Media

Uncovering Discrepancies in Secular History

George88

2 hours ago, BTK59 said:

This is for the benefit of  @Pudgy

……

…. I look forward to seeing how you will attempt to "disprove" the above with your insightful observation.

I am eagerly anticipating the revelation of how astronomical data provides specific evidence pointing to the destruction of Jerusalem in 587 BC by specific documentation in any tablet. Still waiting how astronomy is the link to all history and the word of God isn't.

Your  arguments are completely out on the farm, going through Booger’s Woods, dragging dead possums on a rope.

They have NOTHING to do with anything I have EVER written.

Or even care about!

EVER!

All the historical references you mention I have absolutely NO PROBLEM WITH … I will stipulate the hard historical facts you present are probably true ….. because …. they do nothing to prove that God’s Kingdom was established on Earth anywhere around 1914, and a war in Heaven that took years and cast about one-third of super powerfull life forms down to the Earth …. a multi-year battle between Jehovah God and Christ, and his Enemy and minions …

… there is ZERO EVIDENCE.

How do I know there is ZERO evidence?

I can get up out of my chair, open the front door, walk to the street and stand on the sidewalk and with my own two eyes look around, and not see any!

1.) No evidence of a “Great Tribulation”.

2.) No evidence of Armageddon.

3.) No evidence that Jesus, after fighting a war where at least SOME galaxies would blow up …. or SOMETHING!….. now rules the Earth!

None whatsoever!

Why should I care one iota WHEN Jerusalem was destroyed?  

I don’t.

EVERYONE who has cared has so far been wrong about its importance!  

Everybody who has ever lived.

No exceptions!

I can look out my window and SEE THAT!

Still waiting how astronomy is the link to all history and the word of God isn't.”

Hold your breath until you turn purple and fall over unconscious.

I never said it was, and I never said the Word of God wasn’t.

I do know what two system temporal benchmarks are, and you apparently don’t.

• Views 3.5k
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't expect the 1950 Awake! article to be as supportive as it was. The entire article gives him the benefit of the doubt, right up to finally including a statement that it includes speculation and

You got me curious, since I honestly had never even skimmed this portion of COJ's book. I noticed a footnote, on the same page you pointed to, about the famous eight-UK-clergymen December 1917 Manifes

Actually, I have never seen a person who worked so hard to prove someone wrong, but at the same time, inadvertently confirm that what I have been presenting here is relatively accurate -- so far. Give

Posted Images

1 hour ago, George88 said:

I want to show BTK where this comes from.

Journal of the American Oriental Society vol. 44

"The events of the fourteenth year (612 B. C.) are described in fifteen lines of text, not one of which is complete. And it is on this year's annals that Gadd bases his main thesis for the new date of the fall of Nineveh. Many of the lines are badly broken, and the information we have is fragmentary. Even the number fourteen, specifying the year of Nabopolassar's reign, is missing in the chronicler's text."

This is the basis for most scholars accepting the destruction of Nineveh in 612 BC.

The translations by C.J. Gadd bear a striking resemblance to those found in D.J. Wiseman's Babylonian Chronicles, with a subtle deviation between the years 1924 and 1956.

Okay, thanks. I'll look it up. I hope that these posts will also be transferred.

47 minutes ago, BTK59 said:

I believe that you will find it impossible to disprove the accuracy of the events, even under the most extreme circumstances. Your senseless words are often disregarded by others. lol!

Simple!

ZERO EVIDENCE

The Great Tribulation NEVER happened.

Armageddon NEVER happened.

Out of 8 million JWs, 184 JWs die per day!

God’s Kingdom is a future event.

THE SENSELESS ONE IS YOU!

"Pudgy" should refer to this article regularly in an attempt to debunk it. Although he hasn't done so yet, there's always hope. lol!

END OF WORLD IN 1914
Not the View of Pastor Russell nor of I. B. S. A.

"The Earth Abideth Forever"
Christ will not return to Earth as a Man
Present Year Believed to Mark Great Change of Dispensation,
but World May not discern Immediate Difference

I am prompted in the selection of my text by reading an extract from the sermon of a Canadian minister delivered recently. In it he declared that 1914 would witness the Second Coming of Christ, etc. His statement allowed the inference that he holds the view common to nearly all the creeds; namely, that the earth is to be burned up and the human race blotted out; and that, incidentally, Christ will come a second time, to see that none of the Church are included in the destruction.

MISTAKES OF DARK AGES BEING CORRECTED

To my understanding, all such expectations are wholly unscriptural, untrue, misleading, and hindrances to a right understanding of the Bible. They belong to the Dark Ages, when public teachers seemed to lose all appreciation of poetic language, figurative language, mental imagery. They belong to the time when Christ's references to Gehenna Fire, which burned outside the walls of Jerusalem, were understood to mean an eternity of torture for all except the saintly few. They belong to the time when Jesus' words respecting the cutting off of the right hand and the plucking out of the right eye were misunderstood, and taken literally.

St. Peter's words are generally urged to be the foundation for the theory that the world will be destroyed by literal fire at the Second Coming of Christ, when the heavens shall be on fire, and the earth also and the things therein shall be burned up (2 Peter 3:10), a literal interpretation here overlooks the fact that St. Peter, speaking of the very same time, in Acts 3:19-21, declares that Times of Restitution and blessing - not times of world-burning - will follow the Second Coming of Jesus. It also overlooks the fact that St. Peter and the other apostles, as well as the Master, frequently used the word fire in a symbolic sense, to represent tribulation. Thus St. Peter, addressing the Church, says: "Think it not strange concerning the fiery trial that shall try you."

St. Paul says that the fire of that Day shall try the work of every man [the Church], of which sort it is. Those who have built with gold, silver, precious stones [the promises of God's Word], shall be fireproof in that Day; while those who have built with the wood, hay and stubble of tradition-Higher Criticism, Human Evolution, etc.,-will find their faith structure amenable to the fire; and they will suffer the loss of faith and have tribulations accordingly. Yet, the Apostle explains, such will themselves be saved, but these very fiery trials will destroy their misconceptions. They will be saved because, in spite of their errors, they built their faith upon Christ. -- 1 Corinthians 3:11-15.

The Apostle, however, urged that all should build with gold, silver and precious stones-characteristics which would enable them to pass through the fire of that Day unscathed-"more than conquerors." Similarly, Jesus referred to a testing of faith, by the figure of a flood, telling that those who built upon the sand would suffer loss; but that those who built upon the Rock would be safe. All these Scriptures, however, these references to fiery trials, etc., belong to the end of the Age - not the end of the world.

Nobody has yet unraveled the significance of Pastor Russell's anticipation of the "Great Day of Wrath" in 1904, which he subsequently expounded upon in 1912. Individuals need to release their ignorance regarding the diverse ways people communicated in the past. Holding onto such unawareness only serves to present those individuals in an unfavorable light.

"Now, that time of trouble we believe will be in connection with the epiphania, at the time of the judgment of the world, or nations, or systems. There is more or less injustice and iniquity in all our arrangements of society, political, financial or ecclesiastical, and more or less that is right, and more or less that is wrong. When that time of trouble comes, the people will recognize it, and then the Scriptures say they will be calling upon the rocks and mountains to fall upon them. That is not the real thought -- not to crush them, as if a mountain fell upon them, they would not know much about it, but the thought is, cover us, protect us, because of this great day of wrath. These rocks of society are the Free Mason rocks, the Odd Fellow rocks, this insurance society and that insurance society, and the people want to get into these rocks to protect them in this time of trouble, and they want to be identified with the strong governments, such as the United States, for they want to be protected. If they go to Europe, they want to say they have their passports from United States or from Great Britain, etc. So they will say, those great mountains will be my protection. That is the way these things are used in the Bible. Here rocks represent stone fortress. When the trouble breaks out they will begin to go into these things so they may be sheltered and protected, but the Scriptures say they will not be able, for it will be a time of trouble that nothing will be able to deliver from.

In a world troubled by chaos, who were the ones to bring peace?

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

Simple!

ZERO EVIDENCE

The Great Tribulation NEVER happened.

Armageddon NEVER happened.

Out of 8 million JWs, 184 JWs die per day!

God’s Kingdom is a future event.

THE SENSELESS ONE IS YOU!

NOTHING you wrote refutes my statements.

You are grasping at straws. 

…. show me evidence 

1.)  Of THE Great Tribulation, as described in the Bible.

2.)  Of Armageddon as described in the Bible. 

3.) Of the Resurrection of the dead that is described in the Bible.

You cannot.  

Conclusion :

…. just look out the window ….

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GOT!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.