The World News Media

Daily text, Monday, February 29. 2016

Queen Esther

56d3ebe3dffa5_MondayFebruary29.2016.jpg.

If you will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will certainly become my special property out of all peoples, . . . a holy nation.—Ex. 19:5, 6.

A man who kept his mind fixed on the things above was Moses. His was no ordinary education. Not only was Egypt the preeminent power at the time but Moses was living in Pharaoh’s household. Little wonder that with this advanced education, Moses became “powerful in his words and deeds.” Imagine the possibilities this would have opened up for him! Yet, Moses had his mind set on more lofty matters—on doing God’s will. Early in his life, Moses’ own mother, Jochebed, had surely taught him about the God of the Hebrews. Moses highly esteemed the knowledge of Jehovah and considered it to be of greater value than any other riches. He thereby forfeited the privileges and opportunities that would likely have come to him because he lived in Pharaoh’s household. (Heb. 11:24-27) Indeed, Moses’ spiritual education and his faith in Jehovah moved him to fix his mind on the things above.—Col. 3:2. w14 10/15 4:10, 11

• Views 70
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will certainly become my special property out of all peoples, . . . a holy nation.—Ex. 19:5, 6. A man who kept his mind fixed on the t

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.