The World News Media

Bride and Prejudice star Chris reveals his devout Jehovah’s Witness mother worked in 'gay bars back in the day' but she STILL doesn't want to attend his wedding to partner Grant

Guest Nicole

His mother rejected an invitation to his same sex wedding because of her religious beliefs.  

But Bride and Prejudice star Chris has revealed that his mum Yvonne once worked in gay bars.

Speaking to Kyle and Jackie O on KIIS 1065, he explained that the flight attendant was once a 'wild child' who 'found religion'.  

3D7752C000000578-4243754-image-a-13_1487640477543.jpg3D7752BC00000578-4243754-image-m-12_1487640466259.jpg

Revelation: Bride and Prejudice star Chris has revealed his devout Jehovah’s Witness mother worked in 'gay bars back in the day' but she STILL doesn't want to attend his wedding to partner Grant

On an episode of Bride And Prejudice, aired earlier this month, Chris' devout mother rejected her gay son's request to attend his wedding to longtime love Grant in March.

'You know I’ve got very strong beliefs on that situation. So, um, for us, that’s not an option,' Yvonne told her heartbroken son Chris.

A second attempt on Monday night's episode also failed to convince his parents to change their minds.  

On Tuesday, Chris explained to Kyle and Jackie O his mum had found religion after years of wild living and hard times. 

'I think that whole religion gives my mum some structure in her life, I think she found it at a time when she was a bit of a wild child,' he explained.

'No one knows this but mum used to work in gay bars back in the day.'

A shocked Kyle speculated whether Chris' mother lack of acceptance spun not from her religious beliefs but from witnessing wild antics at the bars.

But Chris disagreed, saying: 'I think it is more so along the beliefs side - I don' t think it has much to do with what she experienced there.' 

Grant and Chris told KIIS they decided to share their heartbreak on television because the prejudice they face is still common for homosexual couples.

'It's still happening and that was one of the main reasons why Graham and I wanted to do the show, to tell the story, tell it right,' Chris explained.

'Hopefully it was a bridge that we could build with my parents because it would be great to have them there.'  

Speaking on Sunrise a fortnight ago, Chris told David 'Kochie' Koch and Samantha Armytage that while he wasn't surprised by his parents' reaction, he was disappointed. 

'Mum and Dad have been there for major life events like my graduation from university, and I had a partner there at the time. I thought, chances are slim to good (for this) maybe, but it was kind of expected,' he said. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4243754/Bride-Prejudice-star-Chris-says-mum-worked-gay-bars.html

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.