The World News Media

"No crushed reed will he break, and no smoldering wick will he extinguish."—Isa. 42:3. ???????

Bible Speaks

"No crushed reed will he break, and no smoldering wick will he extinguish."—Isa. 42:3.

???????

Jesus’ tender heart moved him to speak tenderly to others, especially to the downtrodden.

???????

Mild-Tempered but Courageous

Jesus was a zealous Kingdom proclaimer who was mild-tempered but courageous in dealing with people. (Matthew 11:29) He reflected the spirit of his heavenly Father, who urges the wicked to turn from their bad ways. (Isaiah 55:6, 7

???????

In dealing with sinners, Jesus took note when there was evidence of a change for the better, and he encouraged such individuals. (Luke 7:37-50; 19:2-10

???????

Rather than judging others on the basis of outward appearances, Jesus imitated his Father’s kindness, forbearance, and long-suffering with a view to leading them to repentance. (Romans 2:4) It is Jehovah’s will that people of all sorts should repent and be saved.—1 Timothy 2:3, 4.

???????

Giving Jehovah’s view of Jesus Christ, the Gospel writer Matthew quotes these prophetic words: “Look! My servant whom I chose, my beloved, whom my soul approved! I will put my spirit upon him, and what justice is he will make clear to the nations. He will not wrangle, nor cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the broad ways. No bruised reed will he crush, and no smoldering flaxen wick will he extinguish, until he sends out justice with success. Indeed, in his name nations will hope.” (Matthew 12:17-21;Isaiah 42:1-4

???????

Consistent with those prophetic words, Jesus did not indulge in noisy arguments. Even when under pressure, he spoke the truth in a manner that appealed to honesthearted ones.—John 7:32, 40, 45, 46.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005367?q=isa+42%3A3&p=par

IMG_8846.JPG

• Views 1.8k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"No crushed reed will he break, and no smoldering wick will he extinguish."—Isa. 42:3. ??????? Jesus’ tender heart moved him to speak tenderly to others, especially to the downtrodden.

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.