The World News Media

"Do You Have “a Heart ?to Know” Jehovah?

Bible Speaks

"Do You Have “a Heart ?to Know” Jehovah?

“I will give them a heart to know me, that I am Jehovah; and they must become my people.”—JEREMIAH 24:7.

???

This is encouraging to us because it means that God wants us to have “a heart to know” him, that is, to be the kind of person who wants to know him and who wants to be part of his people. How do we become that kind of person? We study the Bible and apply what we learn. Then we repent and stop our sinful way of life. In time, we dedicate our life to God and get baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and holy spirit. (Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts 3:19) Have you already taken those steps? Or are you now regularly attending meetings with Jehovah’s Witnesses and in the process of taking those steps?

???

Even if we have already taken all those steps, we must continue to have the right attitude and to be careful how we act. Why? We will learn the answer as we discuss what Jeremiah wrote about the heart. Some of the book of Jeremiah was about the nations around Judah. But mostly it was about the nation of Judah during the rule of five of its kings. (Jeremiah 1:15, 16) Jeremiah wrote about people who were already dedicated to Jehovah. In Moses’ day, the people agreed to belong to Jehovah. (Exodus 19:3-8) In Jeremiah’s day too, the people said: “We have come to you, for you, O Jehovah, are our God.” (Jeremiah 3:22) But did they have a good heart?

THEY NEEDED “HEART SURGERY” ?

???

Doctors can use machines to look inside our body to see if our heart is healthy. But Jehovah can also see our figurative heart, or the person we are inside. He says: “The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it? I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, . . . to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings.” (Jeremiah 17:9, 10) God can see what we want, how we think, how we feel, what our attitude is, and what we hope to do with our life. God will examine your heart. But you too can make an effort to examine what is in your own heart.

???

As we keep making this effort, Jehovah will give us “a heart to know” him. He promised to do that for the anointed, who are in the new covenant. He said: “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people.” He continued: “They will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them . . . For I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more.”—Jeremiah 31:31-34.

???

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013203?q=jere+24%3A7&p=par#h=11

IMG_6475.JPG

• Views 400
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh yes.....   I HAVE A HEART FOR GOD SINCE MY CHILDHOOD,  and my deceased Brother too?  God's  name  JEHOVAH  I  learned from my pioneer girlfriend before ca. 30 yrs.❤️

"Do You Have “a Heart ?to Know” Jehovah? “I will give them a heart to know me, that I am Jehovah; and they must become my people.”—JEREMIAH 24:7. ??? This is encouraging to us becau

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.